From UFStarfleet LCARS
"Where was the time we used to be explorers" - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard.
Project Magellan was initiated in 2382 on stardate 071008, times when the exploratory arm of the UFS Fleet was understrength. Magellan was set up to explore worlds and systems in the Pinastri Sector and its surrounding sectors and was under the administration and leadership of UFS scientist Gijsjan Broek. The majority of missions were done aboard the USS Magellan, a Danube-class runabout.
With the setting up of the UFS Intelligence Branch and the establishment of the fleet's exploratory arm, UFS Command discontinued Project Magellan with the final mission taking place in May of 2384 on stardate 090528.
Terms of Reference (IC)
- Project is under full control of the Science Branch.
- Science Expedition Team (SET) will consists of a max. of 4 persons.
- Missions will be primarily planned by the Science Branch.
- The Mission Commander will prepare a Padd with basic intelligence about the destination prior to the mission taking place.
- Mission reports will be uploaded to LCARS library and planetary spatial coordinates provided to UFS Command.
SET Protocol and Rules of Engagement
- No interference, observation and intelligence gathering only. Obey the Prime Directive.
- No provocation.
- Dont reveal your identity as a Starfleet Officer if the tech level is lower than the UF Starfleet Standard.
- Defuse confrontation, not cause them. Strive to be a part of the solution, not the problem.
- Never assume, always verify.
- Adhere to all local laws.
- Establish first contact if possible.
Will be added in due course...