From UFStarfleet Wiki
Author(s): T'Rennek Yuitza
College: College of Operations
School: School of Fleet Operations
Current version: 110124
Delivery Method: Classroom lecture
Assessment Method: Examination
Class Status: ACTIVE
Class Length: 20 minutes plus exam
Synopsis: This class covers the theoretical role and responsiblities of the flight controller aboard ship and starbase.
The materials as used in the creation of this class are the property of United Federation Starfleet Academy (UFSA) of United Federation Starfleet Inc. (UFS), and they are solely intended for the private use of our members. UFS holds no claims to any trademarks, copyrights, or properties held by CBS Paramount Television, any of its subsidiaries, or on any other company's or person's intellectual properties which may or may not be contained within.
No portion of these materials may be copied or republished in any or form without the written consent of a Director of United Federation Starfleet, Inc. All content drawn in from sources outside of UFS are used per Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107: Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair Use, of the United States code. The material as used is for educational purposes only and no profit is made from the use of the material.
Material used in this specific class was inspired, copied and/or summarised from the sources referenced below, and various Star Trek films, television episodes and licensed works.
- Astrogation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrogation
- Bearing - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Bearing
- Celestial Navigation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_navigation
- Coordinates - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Coordinates
- Docking Bay - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Docking_bay
- Deep Space 9 - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Deep_Space_9
- Earth Spacedock - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Earth_Spacedock
- Fabri, G.E. (2002). Star Trek Fact Files
- Galactic Plane - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Galactic_plane
- Heading - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Heading
- Helmsman - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Helmsman
- Long, S; Moore, C; et al. (1998). Star Trek: The Next Generation Role Playing Game Core Rule Book. New York: Simon & Schuster. ISBN 188953300-9.
- Mark - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Mark_%28navigation%29
- Navigation - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Navigation
- Navigator - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Navigator
- Flight Controller - http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Flight_controller
- Sternbach, R & Okuda, M (1991). Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual, New York: Pocket Books. ISBN 0-671-70427-3.