TDRP2125-Y: "Back to the Present" (210504)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We are para-RPers and storytellers. Using live, in-the-moment chat, we listen, read, respond, and create a new story as a collective of writers jamming on a theme. We are given a context – a place to begin and then improvise together what happens next, and what happens after that… and where does that take us.
That sense of being in fellowship with other creative people who understand the overall context and environment while writing a story that is vibrant and alive creates a sense of enjoyment and togetherness. Our goal on Durant is to foster that sense of belonging, to embrace good RP etiquette, and to have tons of fun!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:00am SLT, 1st & 3rd Tuesdays 5:00pm SLT, last Fridays 10:00am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Captain
Command - Captain
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

USS YELLOWSTONE
NOVA CLASS
COMMAND: Captain Jeera Zadi
STARFLEET DEPARTMENT OF TEMPORAL INVESTIGATIONS
STARDATE: 210504

DEPLOYMENT ORDER: DTI321

OBJECTIVE: The Department of Temporal Investigations (DTI) is a department within the Federation government, tasked with ensuring that time travel events which occur under Federation jurisdiction, along with accidental time travel and intentional time travel for various reasons are handled within guidelines established to prevent contamination of the timeline. This department is a Federation agency dedicated to investigating time travel and other temporal events.

ASSIGNMENT:
The Temporal Investigations Away Team are working to complete their assignment:
The USS Evanston had an accidental time travel experience through a temporal anomaly near Terran earth. While in the past on earth, one of the passengers on the Evanston decided to stay on earth in 1972, and was not apprehended. The USS Yellowstone's mission is to find the perpetrator, arrest him, make any necessary corrections to the timeline, and bring the perpetrator back to his own time to stand trial.

The Temporal Investigations Away Team has been given the data on the Runner Ryan Simmons and have gone through the time portal to 1972 to apprehend him at the time he has arrived to start his observations of this time period. There has been some changes in the timeline .

The Temporal Away Team led by Captain Jeera Zadi located Simmons in Great Neck, a suburb of New York City, in a bar called 'The Whale'. The away team planned to lure Simmons into a secluded area before confronting him and arresting him, but so far this has not been as easy as it seemed it would be. The away team has received data from the Department of Temporal Investigations (DTI) that the away team has arrived before Simmons' time altering meeting with an unscrupulous group of businessmen. If they can prevent that meeting, capture Simmons, and return to the present the time line will be restored to its original state.

Number of days: indeterminate

Security Clearance: Level 2: Need to know.

Personnel: 42 crew members

STARFLEET COMMAND - DEPARTMENT OF TEMPORAL INVESTIGATIONS has issued the orders.

=^= TEMPORAL INVESTIGATIONS COMMAND ORDER ENDS =^=
Captain Evelyn Rieko
Executive Officer | USS Taylorholic Durant
Squadron Mentor | UFSA Halley Squadron
Director | UFSA Activities

http://ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.php?t ... elyn_Rieko]Access
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

CAST OF CHARACTERS
=================

Captain Jeera Zadi (Evelyn Rieko)
Ryan Simmons (Greenlantern Excelsior)
Detective Waldo Bullock (Arbre Trebuchet)
Cmdr. Luna Velar (Zania Turner)
Sandra Jenkins (Matilda Sinclaire)
Cmdr. Dominic Flandry (Greenlantern Excelsior)

ImageVelar, Flandry, Jeera, Jenkins Photo by GreenLantern Excelsior
Captain Evelyn Rieko

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

RP NARRATIVE
===========

Captain Jeera Zadi looked over at the gentleman that introduced himself and smiled at him, " Hello Waldo, pleased to meet you too." Then she turned back to Simmons and said, "I'm just having a coke for now. So will you show me around the city? I would just love that. I love to make new friends," She giggles, hoping that's appealing to Simmons. Her thoughts are on grabbing him as soon as possible. He has changed the timeline by being here and meeting with some businessmen. The away team has arrived before that meeting, and it is imperative that they stop that meeting. If it takes place they will have failed in their mission. Everything depends on stopping that meeting, because the timeline changes after it.

Ryan Simmons looked around at the group of newcomers. One was smoking tobacco, so he could be ruled out as a member of Starfleet. The others though, looked exactly as they would in Starfleet uniforms: attractive, good posture, determined, alert, all the things he disliked about the future. He looked at the woman sitting next to him on the bar stool. She was blissfully unaware that she was in the presence of time travelers. Maybe he should just blurt that out to see what happened. The newcomer was speaking, trying to get him away from the bar so she and her companions could...capture him? "Let me finish my drink and think about it. I'm not sure you're ready for what you're about to see here." He let that stand as a possible invitation, possible warning.

Deputy Waldo Bullock notes the language used by the one he calls, "Soldier Boy" who, in his mind is not wearing a uniform the likes of which he has seen before. All of them are not from the area, because their accents are incorrect. He orders another beer in a clear plastic cup. As is usual, he watches body language, listens to the tone of voices, and looks for hidden weapons. So far, the only really suspicious one is "Soldier Boy".

Cmdr. Luna Velar continues to sit on a bar stool and looks around, trying to not only take in the environment around her, but also trying to use her Betazoid abilities to see if she can pick up on anything that others were feeling that might reveal something that could prove useful. She hadn't ordered anything yet.

Sandra Jenkins stands in Croxall's fine dining, Miss Jenkins is keeping an eye on the time, occasionally looking out the door with a look of concern on her face. "It's gettin' close, I hope he's gawna show, for his sake... Ralphie doesn't like bein' fooled around with..."

Dominic Flandry looked at Simmons and thought how distasteful their mission was, to have to drag this miscreant back to his own time before he altered the past. Apparently he didn't realize that by creating riches for himself and his friends (if he had any), he would be creating misery in the future. The Department of Temporal Investigations had sent a message to the team stating that Simmons had met with "The Carbonari Group" and done something that changed the timeline. They needed to nab him quickly before this other group put in an appearance. He glanced down at his utilitarian coveralls, guaranteed to be a valid disguise in many time periods. He hoped it looked okay but wasn't all that worried.

Jeera nodded...trying to look pleasing without continually smiling like an idiot. "Of course you should finish your drink." she tilts her head and asks "What do you mean I may not be ready for what I will see here? Is there some kind of show about to start here? I don't see a stage or anything." Something about Simmons was just too cocky and arrogant. At one point although it was suggested by Velar, and Dominic that Simmons was probably staying in 1972 for financial gain and power. She agreed, but a part of her thought who knows maybe he wants to meet an ancestor or maybe he has some altruistic well meaning reason, but it was still a violation. You should not cane the past. However now seeing him, and talking with him, she knows his reasons are selfish. She dislikes the way he looks at her, and it seems like he actually suspects something is up.

Ryan Simmon sipped his drink, marveling at how good it tasted. That wretched synthehol was an affront to any cultured palate. In fact, it tasted like an imitation of the real thing. That's what the future was all about, imitating real tastes and smells and feelings. It was much better to live in a time where he could experience the real thing. The locals here didn't know how good they had it. In just a few years, their entire world would change completely, and they would be powerless to do anything to stop it. The Starfleet woman was still trying to talk to him but he attempted to ignore her, unsuccessfully. "Yeah you will see a real show tonight, guaranteed." He leered at her suggestively.

Deputy Waldo Bullock: hears his radio go off in his squad car. His attention is torn away from the man dressed in overalls and the rest. Something was off, "Soldier Boy" did not carry himself like a blue-collar worker. If he was a plumber, carpenter, or a mechanic, you could see it in his hands and outfit. No dirt or grime on any of it, and the overalls were well-fitted, not something workaday. As well, his fingers and hands did not bear the scars of one who worked with his hands all day long. And that belt, not a toolbelt, not a tape measure or hammer, or wrench to be seen. Shaking his head, he downs the beer and heads out. "I gotta check on this APB, Shorty." he says to the bartender easily, and strolls out to his car.

Velar closed her eyes for a moment and focused more, still trying to do everything she could to see if she could pick up something. The fact that she hadn't picked up anything so far was very concerning as normally she could pick up emotions, at minimum.

[Sandra Jenkins]: Time was ticking closer and closer, her boss would be there soon, she knows how his mood deteriorates quickly over time. "C'mon, c'mon..." She tugs at her skirt nervously, looking up at the clock, then peeking out the door once more.

[cont'd
Captain Evelyn Rieko

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

cont'd

Flandry watched as Simmons treated Captain Jeera like one of the women for hire that roamed the streets in these days. The man was completely unscrupulous, and a criminal to boot, having changed the timeline in the near future. The Away Team would change the timeline back previous to that, though. Or actually they would prevent the change that Simmons had made at some unknown time in the fairly near future. He drew an imaginary timeline in his head with both changes on it, nodding to himself that he had it right. Time travel could be confusing. This was one of the simpler occasions.

Jeera looked at Simmons and laughed cheerfully, "You talk in riddles, Honey. Hey, you know you haven't told me your name. I'm Alice, what's your name?  Let's get out of here, Honey. I want that tour, and  we would have such a good time. I know there are other places to go to besides sitting here in this bar, although this is a very nice bar." she said and turned to smile at the bartender briefly. Looking at Simmons, "Honey, I saw a very interesting looking building not far from here. Let's go take a look, I'm sure you could tell me all about it. " This man was very irritating. She glanced over at Luna and Dominic thinking what can we do to get this criminal out of here.

Ryan Simmons listened to the tinny music being emitted by the radio frequency receiver behind the bar. That, at least, he would not miss from this time period. The future had high quality music and wonderful sound systems tailored for the individual listener. The woman was still trying to get him to leave. What if she wasn't from the future? What if they were real 1970s people, just bar-hopping here and wanting him to join them? He could be missing out on a lot of fun. A LOT of fun, he thought, looking her over again. "What kind of building did you see? I haven't seen any really interesting construction in this ti... I mean, in this town."

Sandra Jenkins quickly making her way from Croxall's in her heels, Sandra quickly gets to the bar, going straight to Simmons. "Ryan, baby! What're ya doin'? It's gettin' near time for ya meetin' with the Carbonari's, did ya not get the memo abowt it changin' to Croxalls? I already told ya Ralphie don't like bein' played a fool!" She leans in close and whispers. "If youse run off on me, he'll off one of my fingers!"

Cmdr. Luna Velar looked at the woman that rushed in and was trying to get Simmons to go with her. She looked at the woman and said, "Hey, you're not going anywhere until we get this settled, you thief," she challenged. "You can't steal my wallet and get away with it!"

Dominic Flandry looked to his left as a woman hurried in, addressing Simmons, trying to get him to leave with her. This could upset all their plans, unless they could somehow nab the two of them at once and leave the new woman behind, possibly stunned in an alley. He decided to muddy the waters a little, having not spoken since he entered the bar. "Barkeep, I will have one of your stronger drinks, please. Give me a ... Fresca!"

Jeera sipped her drink, placed it back on the bar, and looked at Simmons.. "You know you still haven't told me your name, or maybe you like it when I call you honey." She grinned and continued. "Well Honey, instead of telling you about this interesting building, I'll show you!." She hopped down off her stool and turned to Simmons smiling and said "Peace and love , man! Peace and love!" Suddenly a woman came in and started telling Simmons to come with her. The woman was a part of the group that would be  meeting with Ryan from what she'd said. Jeera then heard Luna accusing the woman of stealing and nodded. A good idea to get that woman's attention away from Simmons and maybe Jeera could get him out of this bar.

Ryan Simmons looked at the other door as Sandra Jenkins flew in, seemingly all upset about something. She mentioned Ralphie and the Carbonaris, and he realized that he had forgotten about the meeting tonight. He had met Sandra when he met the businessman Ralphie, along with Tony and the boys. They were part of something called The Carbonari Group, seemingly a legitimate business, but something about it seemed...off, like they were possibly criminals trying to pretend to be business owners. He had his secret all packaged up, documented, and ready to turn over to them. It would be about 30 years in the real world until this technology would be invented, but they would pay him handsomely for it now and all of them would be rich once it was developed. He could return to the future and access his secret bank account, which by then would be huge with earned interest. Suddenly another woman at the bar accused Sandra of theft, and Alice had asked him again for his name." My name is...Adam. Yeah, that's it, Adam Sloan. Nice to meet you."

[Sandra Jenkins]: "Excuse me? Who tha heck are you? Do I look like I need ta steal? Huh?" She gets all up in her accuser's face, looking very pissed. "Where would ya even keep a purse, huh? Yer wearin' a dumb pink jumpsuit! C'mon Ryan or Adam, whatever ya like, let's get outta here away from these squares."

Shorty the bartender heard the 2 women arguing about theft and said "Hey.. cool down. Relax, call the cops if you need to, but no brawling in here. If you can't behave, take it outside."

Velar frowns, "Oh, sure you resort to insults, but how am I even supposed to pay for a drink when you have my wallet?  Why do you think I'm just sitting here and not ordering anything?  It's not for the fresh air, my health, or for the company!"  She stopped and pointed out, "I think we need the police here, now."

Flandry nodded to the bartender as he delivered Flandry's drink. Flandry lifted it to his nose and took a long sniff. It smelled like citrus fruit, not at all alcoholic, and it effervesced strongly. He took a small sip and blinked in surprise at how good it tasted. Commander Velar accused the new woman of theft and requested that the bartender call the police. That would keep the two of them in the bar for a few minutes, while Dominic and Zadi took care of business. It seemed to be about time to use physical force to accomplish the mission goals, since Simmons did not appear to want to leave yet. They could grab him, hustle him around the corner out of sight, and then signal for the temporal transporter to pick them up and drop them in their own time. Velar could return on her own after the police finished with her and the new woman. And he just realized that the new woman had called Simmons by his real name, Ryan, so that ended all doubt about any possible mistaken identity. They had the right man.

Jeera looked at Shorty the bartender, then at Simmons and then looked at the woman. She chose the woman. "Hey, Adam is my friend and he's going with me, not you." She walked close to the woman, and touched her shoulder using a small hypospray filled with Hyoscine. She didn't think anyone heard the soft swoosh sound as she administered the drug. The woman should fall unconscious from the effects.. Then she would leave Luna with her until she recovered, then Jeera and Dominic, would force Simmons out or maybe she could hypospray him too, or stun him.

Simmons watched as the drama played out in front of him. Sandra was the real deal, a resident of this time period working with Ralphie, Tony, and the boys. Alice, the woman in the pink jumpsuit, and the big guy in the blue coveralls, were probably Federation time cops, come here to take him back to the future. He smiled as he remembered Blue Coveralls ordering a Fresca as if it was a double martini. The bartender was a regular here and above suspicion, as was the silent woman sitting on the bar stool next to him. Maybe she was stoned, as she appeared not to have moved the whole time he was here. But the meeting was important. He needed to sell his technological knowledge so he could put the money in his bank account. And he would be sure to hint that he had more information available, so The Carbonari Group didn't decide that his usefulness had come to an end. He addressed Sandra: "Did you say the meeting had been changed to Croxalls? I'm not sure where that is. Can you give me directions?" 

[Sandra Jenkins]: Dipping her well manicured fingers into her cleavage, she pulled out a rolled stack of cash, removing the rubber band and tossing twenty bucks onto the counter. "Use this to pay fer ya darn drink ya darn scam artist, I ain't got time deal with ya." She waves to the barkeep. "Ain't no problem here, my friend and I were just leavin'!" Turning to Ryan, she motions for him to follow her as she's patted on the shoulder, before suddenly slumping to the wall next to her. "I've been drugg-" Sandra spits out, reaching for her gun that was hidden under her skirt, but she collapses on the ground before she can use it. Her piece sliding out beneath her and to Ryan's feet.

Velar watches what the woman does and shakes her head.  "Not good enough!  I'm not letting you get away with my wallet, which has my IDs and credit cards, just so you can steal my identity."  She noticed how she fell to the ground and a weapon slid onto the ground.  "Oh my god, she was armed!  She could have killed me if she didn't collapse!"

Flandry looked at Simmons, who was becoming a bit agitated. Apparently "Ralphie" and his associates played a bit rough, according to Sandra. In this time period a severed finger was permanent, as current medical technology could not regrow organs, limbs, or digits yet. Simmons could be getting ready to make a move, and the Away Team would make sure it was a bad move. Flandry stepped away from the bar slightly, preparing to make a move of his own. Subtly he noted the three exits, planning to charge through any one of them and catch up to Simmons, who did not look to be in the best physical shape. Suddenly Sandra collapsed, a primitive slug-thrower firearm sliding across the floor to end up at the feet of Simmons. Surreptitiously Flandry drew his palm phaser and checked that it was set to stun. Prime Directive be darned, he wouldn't allow any of his team members to be killed.

Jeera quickly leaned down and grabbed the gun, "That is a dangerous woman."  She turned the gun on Ryan, and said "let's go ...Adam."  This weapon was from this time period so there was no problem with using it as discreetly as she could as a threat. "Move it, Adam!" She motioned the gun toward the door. I work for  another group of investors that have heard you have something valuable to discuss and we want to do business with you. Let's go." She kept her eyes on Ryan, hoping he had bought the story and thought his life was in danger and would leave with them. She was sure Dominic and Lunar had their small palm phasers ready to use on Simmons if he tried anything other than walking out of this bar with her at gunpoint. She kept her eyes on Simmons but said to Luna. "Miss in the pink jumpsuit , please stay with that woman and keep her safe until she wakes up. It should be in about ten minutes."

Simmons flinched as Sandra slumped to the floor, mumbling something about being drugged and grabbing something from a hidden pocket. An object skidded across the floor to stop near him. He recognized it from historical holovids as a weapon, called a hand-gun. He started to bend down to get it, but the Alice woman was faster, scooping it up and pointing it at him. As he recalled, this type of weapon fired large lead pellets at high velocity, ripping through skin and bone and causing grievous injuries. And in this primitive time period, with its primitive medical technology, such injuries were often fatal. He raised his hands, looking around for support from anyone. Blue Coveralls at the end of the bar was watching him intently with one hand behind his back...probably had a weapon also. He raised his hands above his head and surrendered. "Okay, okay, just take your finger off the activation lever, please. I wouldn't want there to be any accidents."

Velar looked at the bartender and asked, "Where are those cops?"  She had to keep up the act as to not raise suspicions.  She got up from the bar stool and looked at the woman that had grabbed the gun.  "Please make sure she doesn't get it back.  I wouldn't want her to kill anyone. Yes I will watch her."

Flandry tensed his muscles for action but then relaxed a bit. Simmons had gone for the weapon, but Captain Jeera was quicker, retrieving it in one fluid motion and pointing it at Simmons with practiced ease. As he recalled, people in this century didn't usually go around with weapons in hand, so there was a danger that the Captain's firearm could be seen and reported to police. They needed to get out of there, fast. "I know a nice little place around the corner where we could go to talk about this."

=^=
Captain Evelyn Rieko

Evelyn Rieko
Command - Captain
Command - Captain