IMPORTANT NOTICE: The wiki has recently been updated with a new theme and layout. If you encounter any errors, bugs or unreadable information (like white text on white background, or something similar), please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link in your e-mail to the page where the error is/was located for reference. For issues with your Service Jacket, please contact: email@example.com.
Greetings and Welcome!
This manual is for the crew and prospective crew of the USS Cochrane NCC – 59318-A, A Virtual Chapter of United Federation Starfleet based within Second Life.
United Federation Starfleet or UFS for short is a Not For Profit Star Trek Fan Group. We are a group of Trek Fans that have come together to enjoy our fandom.
The Cochrane is a Champion Class Battleship, however while certainly capable of it, it is not specifically designed for a tactical role in the fleet, rather it is a vessel of exploration in a Quadrant full of unknowns. Join us as we explore strange new worlds, seek out new civilizations, and boldly go where no one has gone before!
All Promotions are based on participation and contribution to Chapter Activities including your attendance to roleplays.
Please be aware everything listed below are guidelines and examples. THESE ARE NOT THE ONLY REQUIREMENTS FOR PROMOTION.
- E-1 - Entry Rank. Granted upon joining the Chapter with the desire of Enlisted Path
- E-2 - Activity within Chapter Activities or Role Plays
- E-3 - Activity within Chapter Activities or Role Plays
- E-4 - Continued Activity within Chapter Activities or Role Plays as well as interaction with other members.
- E-5 - Continued Activity within Chapter Activities or Role Plays as well as interaction with other members.
- E-6 - Assumption of more responsibility by organizing activities, role plays or other projects for the Chapter.
- E-7 - Assumption of more responsibility by organizing activities, role plays or other projects for the Chapter.
- E-8 - Demonstrated highest levels of responsibility and commitment to the chapter and its members.
- E-9 - Demonstrated highest levels of responsibility and commitment to the chapter and its members.
- O-1 - Entry Rank. Granted upon successful completion of OCTS
- O-2 - Activity within Chapter Activities or Role Plays
- O-3 - Continued Activity within Chapter Activities or Role Plays as well as interaction with other members.
- O-4 - Assumption of more responsibility by organizing activities, role plays or other projects for the Chapter.
- O-5 - Demonstrated highest levels of responsibility and commitment to the chapter and its members.
- O-6 and above are outside my purview as Chapter Commanding Officer
The USS Cochrane adheres to the UFS Awards System.
Joining the Chapter
Simple Join UFS
- Apply HERE Application
- Contact the Department Chief of the Branch you are interested in joining, or the CO if you do not receive a timely response, in SL
- United Federation Starfleet Membership Manual UFS Membership Manual
- OTCS Exam Exam based on the above manual OTCS Exam
- UFS Constitution and Bylaws UFS Bylaws
- UFS Promotion Guidelines Promotion Guidelines
- UFS Chapter Commissioning Manual Chapter Manual
- UFS Chapter Commanding Officer Manual CO Manual
And for the Marines:
- UFS Marine Corp Membership Handbook UFSMC Manual
- BD -10 Exam for the UFSMC Membership Manual DB-10
- UFS Marine Corp Force Commander Manual Force Commander Manual
- CD -10 Exam for the UFSMC Force Commander Manual CD-10
- ALL members are expected to behave themselves on sim. This roughly means that you should not leave the confines of the specified area, and should not antagonize or in anyway harass anyone within the sim.
- Senior Staff are held to a higher standard than the rest of the Crew, and should make an active effort to come to meetings, and Roleplays, as well as recruiting, and educating the members of your Department when needed. Any failure to make an effort to be active or not informing the CO/XO if you are going to be unable to perform your duties, causing Drama within UFS or the ship itself, or violation of any UFS or Second Life rules, will result in your demotion to a Junior Officer.
- There is a Zero Tolerance policy for on board drama, which effects the status, personnel, or activity of the ship. ALL crew members are expected to behave themselves, and be a shining example of what a Starfleet Officer is.
- Above all else, ENJOY YOURSELF! Make use of the ship, it's facilities, and resources, and have an enjoyable time.
Removal from Chapter
The CO and XO of the Cochrane reserve the right to remove members due to improper conduct. Removal of a member will not be done haphazardly, and will be decided upon by the senior staff, unless circumstances warrant immediate termination.
- Command - 5 Command Certified Officers
- Engineers - 150 including Chief Engineer
- Security - 150 including Chief of Security
- Marines - 150 including Marine Officer In Charge
- Operations - 150 including Chief Operations Officer
- Medical - 150 including Chief Medical Officer
- Science - 200 including Chief Science Officer
- Intelligence - 30 including Chief Intelligence Officer
- Mission Specialists (Civilian and Starfleet) - 150, However can vary
Marine Detachment Breakdown
- OIC: Corporal Jade Ella
- DOIC: Vacant
- Marine Officers
- DOIC: Vacant