From UFStarfleet Wiki
|*SIM Type: SS Athena Missions|
|*Production number: ATH-RP004|
|*Forum Thread: |
|*Previous Mission: What Goes Around, Comes Around|
|*Next Mission: Back in Business|
|*SIM Concept: Khol McDonnell|
|*Historian: Thallanor Rasmuson|
Research continues on a new virus while the infection begins to spread.
Chief Medical Officer's log, stardate 090717:
My last log spoke of a "virus" of sorts that was infecting one of the outpost colonies in the Alpha Quadrant. It seems as though parts of Pinastri may have been exposed, including Athena. I have been receiving reports from many departments on officers who were exhibiting unexplainable behaviors.
While an antidote has been replicated for this virus, and even without treatment it eventually fades away and the patient returns to normal, research continued to be performed while attempting to identify the source of the outbreak and more of its inner workings.
What has been confirmed is that the virus operates on its own, without the use of alcohol, drugs, or prescription medications, nor is it caused by a general medication condition. In addition, three or more of the following symptoms may be present:
- Inflated self-esteem or grandiosity
- Decreased need for sleep (e.g., one feels rested after only three hours of sleep)
- More talkative than usual or pressure to keep talking
- Flight of ideas or subjective experience that thoughts are racing
- Attention is easily drawn to unimportant or irrelevant items
- Increase in goal-directed activity (either socially, at work or school, or sexually) or psychmotor agitation
- Excessive involvement in pleasurable activities that have a high potential for painful consequences (e.g., engaging in unrestrained buying sprees, sexual indiscretions, or foolish business investments)
While the initial outbreak is fading, research will continue.