:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

Engineers Log and RP

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Draco Dimanovic

Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Engineering
Ship/Station Posted: USS Thunderbird
Grid: Second Life

day 1
[06:24] Conrad Starsider: personal log stardate 2419.06.03 Limbo, it's the place you end up after submitting a transfer request and waiting for the orders to come though, I was there, today I am now assigned to the peedy thor, they needed Engineers and the Thunderbird had enough on her crew I only hope I can be an asset to the station, I am looking around the engineering department getting acquainted with things

[06:28] Conrad Starsider: I did pick up a new tool kit, as well as a computer , I see sparks in the department, I need to investigate, she is a new station chances are it is an over looked wire connection, I will look into right away, I don't want to take any chances

[06:30] Conrad Starsider: time to get to work. End log

[06:34] Conrad Starsider: "crewman, lets get a ladder over here and take down that ceiling access" -I hear a clear Yes Sir then he turns and I hear him muttering something, I stop him "is there a problem crewman?" -he replies- "no sir sorry sir" -I nod- "then continue" -he heads off-

[06:36] Conrad Starsider: -he returns with a ladder and I get My tool kit, "you will have to show Me where we keep things, later on" -I climb the ladder and open the access panel, looking around I do not see where it is sparking just yet-

[06:41] Conrad Starsider: -I call down- "power up the system I want to see something" -the crewman does and..... as the system comes on line, it sparks- "just as I thought," now I know where to look, and I find a wire with some stripped back coating, I cover it and seal it, then climb down, closing the access as I go-

[06:43] Conrad Starsider: -I close My case and help stow the ladder- "vibration was causing it, it should not give us any more issues " -I dismiss the crewman then go and stow My toolkit-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Airlock 3
Stardate 2419.06.07

[11:57] Conrad Starsider whispers: -I go to the engineering office and check all the tool kits, making sure they are complete-

[11:57] Conrad Starsider: greetings
[11:58] Alexander Johnson (alexthewolf123) whispers: *Doggo Appears*
NOTE: no reply

(Continues RP)

[12:05] Conrad Starsider: -once done I sit at My computer and check what needs done, air lock 3 malfunction, I hit My com- "engineering to ops, reroute traffic from docking lock 3 I will go check it out" -I shut off My computer and grab My kit, then head off-

[12:07] Conrad Starsider: --I go to the turbo lift and step inside- "airlock 3 " -the turbo lift starts moving-

[12:08] Conrad Starsider: -the doors open and I walk to the airlock, taking out My tricorder I check the systems-

[12:21] Conrad Starsider: -I pull the panel and check the circuits, I reroute the power from the primary circuit to the back up circuit then I remove the air lock actuator and 2 Isoliner chips, heading back to the office I replicate a new actuator, then, taking out My isoliner chip resequencer I make new chips then head back down to air lock 3-

[12:23] Conrad Starsider: -I install the acuator and isoliner chips then reroute the power back through the main, I take out My circut tester and check again-

[12:25] Conrad Starsider: -the circuts check out, I gather My tools then hit My com- "engineering to ops, air lock 3 is repaired" -I hear a confirmation so I head back to engineering and mark off another task finished-

[12:27] Conrad Starsider: -I see another note on my computer, I call smith into My office- "the XO's replicator is malfunctioning please see to it" -he replies- "yes sir" then departs, the rest of the day is quiet-

=End Log=
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

-something strange-
stardate 2419.06.07
the Asst Chief Medical Officer

[12:30] Conrad Starsider: chief? are you alright?
[12:32] Conrad Starsider: "what was that?" -the ensign looks- " I do not know sir"
[12:34] Conrad Starsider: -starsider to security, transporter pad 2 "
[12:34] Conrad Starsider: "medical to Transporter pad 2 "
[12:38] Conrad Starsider: -security and medicval arrive, I check the tansporter controls seeing nothing wrong I let the Medical officer and security personel do their jobs-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

[01:49] Conrad Starsider: -it's a slow day, I sent out crews to fix the replicators and a power junction, I open My computer and I start reading -

[01:55] Conrad Starsider: -I switch between classes and technical manuals, and back. I am intent on getting My classes done and learn the new updates to the station-

[02:01] Conrad Starsider: -as I work I think of what ever tasks I still need to do, plus maintenance issues as well-

[03:06] Conrad Starsider: -the comm beeps- "ops to engineering" -I hit my com- "Engineering, Starsider here, how can I help you ops?"

TO BE CONTINUED
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

(changing things up, I will type out what happened instead of posting RP)

Engineers log stardate 2419.06.11

I was summoned to airlock 4 by ops, I first checked the circuits and manual controls the docking clamps were jammed and that god they did not un-jam there wedged in the clamps was a body, I took airlock 4 out of service and notified security, and the chief of operations. then, I went back to the office to study more.

=end log=

(I did not state what body anything to do with the body will be security and maybe medicals RP )
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

(ok, decided to do both RP and log, log at the top)

Engineers log star date 2419.06.13

I woke up, had a cup of coffee and headed to the office, I had the computer run a level 3 maintenance diagnostic, everything was fine, I checked the reactor core output and reactor stabilizers, I assigned teams to do maintenance checks and repairs on transporter circuits and filters as well as a team on the starship docking bays.
a force field was not working in security, a wire was disconnected at the emitter, I repaired that. it was a good day

==end of report==

[05:52] Conrad Starsider: -waking up I get dressed and go to the replicator, "coffee hot" it only takes a moment to materialize, I take the cup and go to My desk, sitting down I look my pad over for required repairs and maintenance - "light day" -I take a drink- "thats fine, lets see now" -I ponder what needs doing as I have my morning coffee-

NOTE [05:55] Conrad Starsider: (note ask Kermie about a docking ring level and crew quarters or make my own )

[06:02] Conrad Starsider: -I take the turbo lift to engineering, walking in I go to the table- "computer power up all terminals" -the power comes on- "run a level 3 maintenance diagnostic" -there is a pause then I hear- "maintenance diagnostic starting time to complete 10 minutes"

[06:04] Conrad Starsider: -so, I have 10 minutes, I walk over and check the reactor core output and the reactor stabilizers-

[06:09] Conrad Starsider: -the reactor looks good, I see no problems, I go back to the table and look at the 3d display of the station as the computer chimes in- "level 3 maintenance diagnostic complete, all primary and secondary power systems functioning within required parameters, docking air lock 4 off line, all other levels clear, life support functioning withing required parameters" -the computer beeps as it ends it's report-

[06:11] Conrad Starsider: -I go to the engineering office and move My computer from the shelf to the desk, setting my coffee down before hand-

[13:19] Conrad Starsider: -I pull up the crew roster and look it over- "Ensign Lee, take Rodriguez and jones and check the star ship docking bays" -I think- "ensign Kiser take Williams and johnson check all transporter circuits and filters, if they are close to required maintenance then do the maintenance on them, dismissed gentlemen"

[13:21] Conrad Starsider: -I stand, putting My computer away I head out to check on ops-

[13:24] Conrad Starsider: -I stop and speak to the people at ops working, everything is fine except a security cell forcefield is not working, I go down get My tool kit then head to security-

[13:25] Conrad Starsider: -I speak to the officer on duty, she takes Me to the cell, I start to work and she leaves Me to it-

[13:29] Conrad Starsider: -I open My kit then I take off the control panel, using My polarity tool, scanner, circuit tester I track down the issue, opening the forcefield emitters cover plate I check the emitter, seeing a loose wire I reattach it and reattach it, I return to the office and let her know, she comes in and checks it, I see it working fine, I recheck things with it on then close My kit and head back to engineering-

[13:30] Conrad Starsider: -I put My tool kit away, then go off duty-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stinky Repair

24190618 Engineers log
the waste reclamation system malfunctioned, I descended into the bowels of the station (pun intended) and repaired it, it was a power junction fuse. it is replaced and everything is functioning within operating parameters.

[23:42] Conrad Starsider: "Maintenance to Engineering" -I key the Lcars- "starsider here go ahead Maintenance" -there is a pause- "umm SIr, We have a problem the waste reclamator is off line, We can not get it going again" -I nod to Myself- "on My way" ,

[23:44] Conrad Starsider: -I take the turbo lift to the lowest level just above the reactor, which is actually several decks above it, stepping out of the lift with My repair kit I walk over to a locker, take off My boots and jacket and don a set of waders and knee high waders, I slip the suspenders up to My shoulders, pick up my kit and head in to maintenance-

[23:46] Conrad Starsider: -I put on a respirator (don't laugh it is a stinky job) take up a step hooking it to My tool kit I sling it over My back then descend the ladder-

[23:47] Conrad Starsider: -I find a ledge once I am in the mucky liquid, setting My tool kit down I open it and take out rubber gloves, moving to a panel I open it, taking My tricoder I check the system-

[23:50] Conrad Starsider: -I replace the panel and go deeper into the system of smelly mucky liquid, taking off the next panel I check this as well-

[23:56] Conrad Starsider: "there you are" _I say to Myself, I go back to My tool kit and pick up My decoupler, heading back to the panel in question I take My decoupler and remove the power junction fuse, checking it I hit My com badge- "starsider to maintenance send down a power junction fuse, I will meet you at the ladder" -I hear a "yes sir" -in reply, I walk over to the ladder as a crewman is descending I hand him the bad fuse, he hands Me a good one he is grateful he did not have to go into the liquid-

[00:04] Conrad Starsider: -going back to the panel I shut off the power to the panel then I put the fuse back in, switching the polarity on the decoupler it connects the fuse properly I turn the power back on, walk back to My tool kit, put everything back and climb the ladder, sitting on the floor of the maintenance departmfeet still near the ladder- "try it now" -they key a few buttons and we hear the system come online, the floors are rubber covered so I stand on the ladder and climb up enough to step off, I remove My boots and waders then wash My hands in the sonic sink- "all fixed is everything working now?" -there is a pause- "checking" -We hear it phase through and I nod as the ensign states- "yes sir, thank you sir" -I smile- "I am here to help, as your were gentlemen"I go back to engineering-

[00:05] Conrad Starsider: -cleaning My tools and gloves in a sterilizer I put them away then head off duty-

Return to “SS Peedy Thor Mess Hall”