Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Draco Dimanovic

Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Engineering
Ship/Station Posted: USS Thunderbird
Grid: Second Life

day 1
[06:24] Conrad Starsider: personal log stardate 2419.06.03 Limbo, it's the place you end up after submitting a transfer request and waiting for the orders to come though, I was there, today I am now assigned to the peedy thor, they needed Engineers and the Thunderbird had enough on her crew I only hope I can be an asset to the station, I am looking around the engineering department getting acquainted with things

[06:28] Conrad Starsider: I did pick up a new tool kit, as well as a computer , I see sparks in the department, I need to investigate, she is a new station chances are it is an over looked wire connection, I will look into right away, I don't want to take any chances

[06:30] Conrad Starsider: time to get to work. End log

[06:34] Conrad Starsider: "crewman, lets get a ladder over here and take down that ceiling access" -I hear a clear Yes Sir then he turns and I hear him muttering something, I stop him "is there a problem crewman?" -he replies- "no sir sorry sir" -I nod- "then continue" -he heads off-

[06:36] Conrad Starsider: -he returns with a ladder and I get My tool kit, "you will have to show Me where we keep things, later on" -I climb the ladder and open the access panel, looking around I do not see where it is sparking just yet-

[06:41] Conrad Starsider: -I call down- "power up the system I want to see something" -the crewman does and..... as the system comes on line, it sparks- "just as I thought," now I know where to look, and I find a wire with some stripped back coating, I cover it and seal it, then climb down, closing the access as I go-

[06:43] Conrad Starsider: -I close My case and help stow the ladder- "vibration was causing it, it should not give us any more issues " -I dismiss the crewman then go and stow My toolkit-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Airlock 3
Stardate 2419.06.07

[11:57] Conrad Starsider whispers: -I go to the engineering office and check all the tool kits, making sure they are complete-

[11:57] Conrad Starsider: greetings
[11:58] Alexander Johnson (alexthewolf123) whispers: *Doggo Appears*
NOTE: no reply

(Continues RP)

[12:05] Conrad Starsider: -once done I sit at My computer and check what needs done, air lock 3 malfunction, I hit My com- "engineering to ops, reroute traffic from docking lock 3 I will go check it out" -I shut off My computer and grab My kit, then head off-

[12:07] Conrad Starsider: --I go to the turbo lift and step inside- "airlock 3 " -the turbo lift starts moving-

[12:08] Conrad Starsider: -the doors open and I walk to the airlock, taking out My tricorder I check the systems-

[12:21] Conrad Starsider: -I pull the panel and check the circuits, I reroute the power from the primary circuit to the back up circuit then I remove the air lock actuator and 2 Isoliner chips, heading back to the office I replicate a new actuator, then, taking out My isoliner chip resequencer I make new chips then head back down to air lock 3-

[12:23] Conrad Starsider: -I install the acuator and isoliner chips then reroute the power back through the main, I take out My circut tester and check again-

[12:25] Conrad Starsider: -the circuts check out, I gather My tools then hit My com- "engineering to ops, air lock 3 is repaired" -I hear a confirmation so I head back to engineering and mark off another task finished-

[12:27] Conrad Starsider: -I see another note on my computer, I call smith into My office- "the XO's replicator is malfunctioning please see to it" -he replies- "yes sir" then departs, the rest of the day is quiet-

=End Log=
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

-something strange-
stardate 2419.06.07
the Asst Chief Medical Officer

[12:30] Conrad Starsider: chief? are you alright?
[12:32] Conrad Starsider: "what was that?" -the ensign looks- " I do not know sir"
[12:34] Conrad Starsider: -starsider to security, transporter pad 2 "
[12:34] Conrad Starsider: "medical to Transporter pad 2 "
[12:38] Conrad Starsider: -security and medicval arrive, I check the tansporter controls seeing nothing wrong I let the Medical officer and security personel do their jobs-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

[01:49] Conrad Starsider: -it's a slow day, I sent out crews to fix the replicators and a power junction, I open My computer and I start reading -

[01:55] Conrad Starsider: -I switch between classes and technical manuals, and back. I am intent on getting My classes done and learn the new updates to the station-

[02:01] Conrad Starsider: -as I work I think of what ever tasks I still need to do, plus maintenance issues as well-

[03:06] Conrad Starsider: -the comm beeps- "ops to engineering" -I hit my com- "Engineering, Starsider here, how can I help you ops?"

TO BE CONTINUED
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

(changing things up, I will type out what happened instead of posting RP)

Engineers log stardate 2419.06.11

I was summoned to airlock 4 by ops, I first checked the circuits and manual controls the docking clamps were jammed and that god they did not un-jam there wedged in the clamps was a body, I took airlock 4 out of service and notified security, and the chief of operations. then, I went back to the office to study more.

=end log=

(I did not state what body anything to do with the body will be security and maybe medicals RP )
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

(ok, decided to do both RP and log, log at the top)

Engineers log star date 2419.06.13

I woke up, had a cup of coffee and headed to the office, I had the computer run a level 3 maintenance diagnostic, everything was fine, I checked the reactor core output and reactor stabilizers, I assigned teams to do maintenance checks and repairs on transporter circuits and filters as well as a team on the starship docking bays.
a force field was not working in security, a wire was disconnected at the emitter, I repaired that. it was a good day

==end of report==

[05:52] Conrad Starsider: -waking up I get dressed and go to the replicator, "coffee hot" it only takes a moment to materialize, I take the cup and go to My desk, sitting down I look my pad over for required repairs and maintenance - "light day" -I take a drink- "thats fine, lets see now" -I ponder what needs doing as I have my morning coffee-

NOTE [05:55] Conrad Starsider: (note ask Kermie about a docking ring level and crew quarters or make my own )

[06:02] Conrad Starsider: -I take the turbo lift to engineering, walking in I go to the table- "computer power up all terminals" -the power comes on- "run a level 3 maintenance diagnostic" -there is a pause then I hear- "maintenance diagnostic starting time to complete 10 minutes"

[06:04] Conrad Starsider: -so, I have 10 minutes, I walk over and check the reactor core output and the reactor stabilizers-

[06:09] Conrad Starsider: -the reactor looks good, I see no problems, I go back to the table and look at the 3d display of the station as the computer chimes in- "level 3 maintenance diagnostic complete, all primary and secondary power systems functioning within required parameters, docking air lock 4 off line, all other levels clear, life support functioning withing required parameters" -the computer beeps as it ends it's report-

[06:11] Conrad Starsider: -I go to the engineering office and move My computer from the shelf to the desk, setting my coffee down before hand-

[13:19] Conrad Starsider: -I pull up the crew roster and look it over- "Ensign Lee, take Rodriguez and jones and check the star ship docking bays" -I think- "ensign Kiser take Williams and johnson check all transporter circuits and filters, if they are close to required maintenance then do the maintenance on them, dismissed gentlemen"

[13:21] Conrad Starsider: -I stand, putting My computer away I head out to check on ops-

[13:24] Conrad Starsider: -I stop and speak to the people at ops working, everything is fine except a security cell forcefield is not working, I go down get My tool kit then head to security-

[13:25] Conrad Starsider: -I speak to the officer on duty, she takes Me to the cell, I start to work and she leaves Me to it-

[13:29] Conrad Starsider: -I open My kit then I take off the control panel, using My polarity tool, scanner, circuit tester I track down the issue, opening the forcefield emitters cover plate I check the emitter, seeing a loose wire I reattach it and reattach it, I return to the office and let her know, she comes in and checks it, I see it working fine, I recheck things with it on then close My kit and head back to engineering-

[13:30] Conrad Starsider: -I put My tool kit away, then go off duty-
Conrad Starsider
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stinky Repair

24190618 Engineers log
the waste reclamation system malfunctioned, I descended into the bowels of the station (pun intended) and repaired it, it was a power junction fuse. it is replaced and everything is functioning within operating parameters.

[23:42] Conrad Starsider: "Maintenance to Engineering" -I key the Lcars- "starsider here go ahead Maintenance" -there is a pause- "umm SIr, We have a problem the waste reclamator is off line, We can not get it going again" -I nod to Myself- "on My way" ,

[23:44] Conrad Starsider: -I take the turbo lift to the lowest level just above the reactor, which is actually several decks above it, stepping out of the lift with My repair kit I walk over to a locker, take off My boots and jacket and don a set of waders and knee high waders, I slip the suspenders up to My shoulders, pick up my kit and head in to maintenance-

[23:46] Conrad Starsider: -I put on a respirator (don't laugh it is a stinky job) take up a step hooking it to My tool kit I sling it over My back then descend the ladder-

[23:47] Conrad Starsider: -I find a ledge once I am in the mucky liquid, setting My tool kit down I open it and take out rubber gloves, moving to a panel I open it, taking My tricoder I check the system-

[23:50] Conrad Starsider: -I replace the panel and go deeper into the system of smelly mucky liquid, taking off the next panel I check this as well-

[23:56] Conrad Starsider: "there you are" _I say to Myself, I go back to My tool kit and pick up My decoupler, heading back to the panel in question I take My decoupler and remove the power junction fuse, checking it I hit My com badge- "starsider to maintenance send down a power junction fuse, I will meet you at the ladder" -I hear a "yes sir" -in reply, I walk over to the ladder as a crewman is descending I hand him the bad fuse, he hands Me a good one he is grateful he did not have to go into the liquid-

[00:04] Conrad Starsider: -going back to the panel I shut off the power to the panel then I put the fuse back in, switching the polarity on the decoupler it connects the fuse properly I turn the power back on, walk back to My tool kit, put everything back and climb the ladder, sitting on the floor of the maintenance departmfeet still near the ladder- "try it now" -they key a few buttons and we hear the system come online, the floors are rubber covered so I stand on the ladder and climb up enough to step off, I remove My boots and waders then wash My hands in the sonic sink- "all fixed is everything working now?" -there is a pause- "checking" -We hear it phase through and I nod as the ensign states- "yes sir, thank you sir" -I smile- "I am here to help, as your were gentlemen"I go back to engineering-

[00:05] Conrad Starsider: -cleaning My tools and gloves in a sterilizer I put them away then head off duty-

Return to “SS Peedy Thor Mess Hall”