Finistair, Phoenix - Personal Log

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Draco Dimanovic

Phoenix Finistair
Intelligence - Commander
Intelligence - Commander
Duty Post: Classified
Ship/Station Posted: Classified
Grid: Second Life Grid

Phoenix stands in front of the desk, confusion crossing her face as she moves to settle into the chair. She looks around, pulls her PADD up to her face letting out a deep sigh. After all these years, she's still uncomfortable "talking" to the computer.

"Computer, new personal log. Label "Finistair, Phoenix - Peedy Thor Crew Logs. Encryption code *---redacted---.* Pause."

Jumping a little as she hears movement outside the office, she calms, rubbing her forehead before addressing the computer again.

"Computer; replicate a cup of loose, lavender calming herbal tea in a porcelain filter mug with lid and saucer." Phoenix walks to the replicator to retrieve her beverage before getting comfy back in her seat.

Where was I... "Computer, resume personal log. So... " *a small pause as she sips her tea.* "Where to begin. I'm returning from a brief Leave of Absence. The events of which bear no need for recording. If I was successful..." Her voice trails off as she smiles slightly. "I've come to find myself feeling strange as I take up my posts within Starfleet once more. More noticeably my time on this station. I do not know most of the crew."

Slightly pausing as she looks through the tinted Intel office, watching the activity outside the window. "In an effort to get to know the crew better, I have requested permission from the Commanding Officer to get to know the crew of the station through individual interviews. It is my hope that I will be able to familiarize myself to them and vice versa, perhaps even make a new friend or two in the process."

Flashes of her lost home-world, friends who have moved on and left Starfleet invade her mind. She sighs and brings the tea cup to her lips, mind wandering as she takes a long drink of the bitter liquid, trying to shut out those thoughts. Setting the teacup back into the saucer she says in a new, sadder tone, "Computer. Play my extended meditation audio file after log ends."

The voice of the computer announces it's quick "Acknowledged." and accompanying chirps.

She forces those thoughts away to finish her log, her voice returning to her normal tone as she carefully contemplates her ending sentences. "Kermie is my... Hmmm. I'll have to fix my addressing of him in my logs and 'professional' capacities. Anyways. He has been one of my longest, most helpful...cherished friends. Starfleet or not. I suppose that is one of the reasons why I chose this posting."

She laughs softly to herself. "He still needs to be brought in for an interview along with the other staff. I can't harbor any favoritism on a new assignment, even if he is the Commanding Officer. I will be asking him to send out communications to the entire staff to schedule interviews. In the spaces between interviews, I have a small project due at the end of the month, and two larger scale, classified proposals to send up the chain."

Glancing down at her PADD, she notices an incoming priority message. "Computer, end log. Set a weekly reminder to add to this log." She ignores the computer to access her message, eyes darkening and her jaw tightening as the audio reaches her ears. Her species has an exceptional aptitude for listening skills, yet she had to fight the urge to block the voice emanating from communique. "No! It can't be." she gasps as she inputs something into the terminal on the desk...
Phoenix Finistair
Intelligence - Commander
Intelligence - Commander
Duty Post: Classified
Ship/Station Posted: Classified
Grid: Second Life Grid

Shuffling through the PADDS on her desk, Phoenix rubs her temples while trying to find the link she's missing to her mystery. She eagerly picks up a discarded one, scanning cautiously with her eyes, hoping she finds what she's looking for. What is she looking for exactly? She sighs heavily while raising to her feet from her chair to stretch. "Computer. Start a new entry in my personal log. Encryption code --redacted--."

She listens for the computer's response before ordering from the replicator. "Computer, replicate one Bajoran Spring Wine, please. Chilled." She watches as the drink magically appears and she realizes how thirsty she is. How long has she been working? Leaning forward, she grabs the drink delicately by the stem of the glass and makes her way to the desk. She sits on the opposite side of where she normally sits, slouches down, turns the chair with her right foot and stretches herself out in quick succession. She realizes she started a new log and takes a sip of her drink while contemplating...

"So, computer. What do I say about today? Where to start?" She shivers involuntarily at the effect of the drink's taste. "I've already updated about work in my Departmental Log, so I'll skip that. Oh, yes. I know." Her eyes gaze the slightly rose-colored liquid in the see-through glass. "They're getting closer to finding me. I assume I'm in no immediate danger, since we parted on fair terms. Although, they are at times very ruthless. I think I will brush up on my phaser certification, and a self defense practice via the holodeck."

She sips at her wine, with a mind full of thoughts. "I suppose I should ask someone where my quarters are, so I don't get a reprimand for being in the Chief of Intel's office constantly. Especially with a drink and in my duty uniform." She grins and sets the glass down on the desk.

"I got one of my smaller tasks completed today. I will do my small assignment within a day, then tackle my bigger.."

--Minutes 7:03-10:14 Encrypted."

"I think it will garner the interest of much of Starfleet. Or maybe I'm just weird and it's something only I'll enjoy." She looks down at the PADDS and starts to stack them to head out. She finishes her wine with her free hand, and makes towards the door. "Computer, dim lights." She looks back at the PADDS with confusion across her brows. "Computer, what am I missing?" The computer starts to quip a response. "No, no no. That was rhetorical computer! End log." Phoenix makes her way to the turbolift, eyes still busily scanning her screens.

Return to “SS Peedy Thor Mess Hall”