3249Rowena
Operations - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Operations
Ship/Station Posted: SS Peedy Thor
Grid: Second Life

Computer, please start recording.

Personal Log stardate 180624.0006.

Think I've stopped shaking, my first time on duty as an Ensign. Started the day brilliantly, found myself putting on my old Cadet uniform instead of my new Duty one. That would have been a great first impression, pudding brain! I'm sure I'll get used to this in time.

So, the first day and if I believed in any Gods, I'd think they were having a laugh. As if I wasn't nervous enough, I report for duty to find we're having a station wide inspection. Talk about the deep end! Can hardly remember what happened when the Commodores' came to me , but I haven't been thrown back to the Academy so must have got something right.

Then I get left alone with a lot of starships wanting to dock, depart, or just go past with only little me to put them in the right place. Never mind, as my grandfather would have said, "deep breath, roll up your sleeves and deal with it" So I did, deep breath and just got on with it. Most ships were fine and cool to deal with, except one, the Ikari. Nearly lost my cool with that one. Anyway, time whizzed by until I suddenly found myself being relieved and making my report and that was that. Wow. Think I'll skip the gym tonight, just want to get my boots off and chill with a book and a cup of nice hot tea. Note to self: first thing tomorrow send a comm to Mama and Papa, let them know I did alright today.

Computer......think I might find something to name you other than "computer" , End Recording.
3249Rowena

Computer, start recording

Personal log - stardate 180701.0908

Well, as usual, a fun social gathering turned into the usual personal foul up. The shift went off duty, and we all headed to the Pinastri Table, a bar/game room. Some of us went via quarters to change out of uniform. I got a delivery on the last transport of some of my stuff from home, and after careful consideration *looks around at the floor covered with thrown clothes* decided on my little red and black dress. Missed that so much.

So, everyone's playing games, chatting, drinking, except the one sat by herself reading a book she found. Yes, computer, guess who that was. Arrived late, instead of being confident, "yay how's everyone" and joining in, just quietly sneaked in and hoped no one noticed me. Urgh!!! *sound of a head banging against the desk* Gotta get it together, Row, you're not a little girl anymore. Gotta lower those shields. Do better next time. You're part of a team, a crew.

Happy note, in that container was my meditation mat and EVA suit. Not sure whether I'll need that, although looking at those worker bee things, think I'll be happier being suited up if I ever have to use one of them. Hmm, I wonder, the view from the station is quite spectacular, and I think there's plenty of flat surfaces on the hull. Maybe I'll try taking my mat outside? What do you think, Computer?

Still thinking of a name for you, you know. I wonder.....hmm......maybe, like in that old earth show, yes, Omoikane, wisdom and intelligence. Just between us. *giggles*

Omoikane, end recording.
3249Rowena

Omoikane, please begin recording,

Personal Log - Stardate 180708.1715

Had a little down time, so decided to log some time with a Work Bee. Urgh, cant say I'm enthusiatic about them. Such a tiny thing, I know they're the workhorse of the stations support craft, but like trying to fly a box with claws with the grace of a clay brick. Anyway, manouvered out the bay alright and decided a couple of circuits round the Thor to get the hand of it.

Actually did ok, strange seeing things from the outside, easy to forget we're just floating in space when you're on board. Omoikane, I did something rather impulsive. I was around the top of the station, where the hull is more or less a flat surface, when I decided for no reason, to set down. Popped open the hatch (I had my suit on and the Bee wasn't pressurized anyway) and just sat on top of the station and took in the view.

Wow, I just can't put it into words, the feeling of just sitting on top of a massive spacestation, in orbit above the planet, seeing all the stars, ship lights moving in the distance, the only sound my breathing. Peaceful. Could have stayed out there for ages.

Nevermind, was quickly time to return and get back to work. Speaking of which, need to shower before going back on duty.

Omoikane, end recording.
3249Rowena

Omoikane, please start recording

Personal Log: Stardate 180722.1032

What was it Papa said to me? The two worst things that can happen to you in space are bumping into the Borg, or something else bumping into you. Nearly happened last shift, a frighter at warp, heading straight for the station. When the alert went out, felt all the colour drain out of my face.

What do you mean? There's no colour anyway? I know, I know, alright, just an expression to show how scared I was last night. No need to be mean. Really, I've no idea how I managed to do my duties, is this what they mean by autopilot or instinct kicking in? Everyone else was just so calm and cool, like this is a normal day for them. Did they feel the same knot in their stomach as I did? Can barely remember anything that happened after we managed to stop it, just that some of the cargo bays are now locked down and that ship is being held in orbit. Feel uneasy about it being there, not sure why, maybe because it could so very easily have been the thing that sent us all into the void. Maybe it still could.

I'm getting morbid again, you need to focus, Row. Got lots to focus on, new duties I need to perform and dont want to let anyone down.

Omoikane, end recording.
3249Rowena

Computer, begin recording:

Been a long time since I did one of these. So long I think we were still in orbit last time. Sometimes miss being up there, although dont miss people trying to fly things INTO the station.

Being groundside does have its advantages, no worrying about the air supply being contaminated by plant spores for one. And it is rather beautiful in this part of Pinastri, almost like being in an unspoilt Old Earth Forest. So peaceful in fact, sometimes its hard to get any work done haha.

We must have done something right, cause we had great news. We're coming out of shakedown! We had a little impromptu crew celebration, at least I think we did, cant remember too much about that night....

Ah well, duty calls

End recording.

Return to “SS Peedy Thor Mess Hall”