Grid: SL

"Computer, begin recording"
<'recording'>

To:
Azetbur of the House of T'lak
Diplomatic Consul
City of ShiKahr, Vulcan

Stardate: 180428

Oko-mekh, Yana ra moi rena ro itisha ta? Wani ra moi rena ro itisha....

Ha'tha ti'lu beloved Mother. Today I have news. My commission was reactivated upon my return to the Delta Quadrant, this you know. Today I earned also a promotion. Lieutenant Commander. Wakli ak'wikman? *Smiles* You know always I work focussed. And also I look every day, in meditation and practice of Mol-Kom, to walk the path of logic. Kling akhlami buhfik. This is so... different from my Klingon brethren. And once I believed as they do, that the way of the warrior was the way of honor. I do not believe that now. War has no honor unless it protects the weak and vulnerable. I say, as the Vulcans do, that Klingons who embrace logic may one day exist, thus sha'koshtri korseivel bai'elkhrul-akteibuhl t'Kolinahr. You taught me to dream. And so I do.

My duty is science and in science is information about the universe and the lifeforms in it. The work is satisfying. Semara.

Tai nasha no karosha.

"Computer, end. Encode, save, transmit via Pinastri Communications when able"
<'recording saved'>
*T'PRAIN* of Qo'noS & Vulcan

LTCmdr | Astro Sciences/Anthropology/Linguistics
Chief Science Officer | SS Peedy Thor
Delta Company Graduate 101012

*Access Service Jacket*

2nd Place: IEEE Virtual/Ntl Robotics Wk '11 Rover Building Competition
Isis Gaelyth
Sciences - Lt Commander
Sciences - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Peedy Thor
Grid: SL

"Computer, begin recording"
<'recording'>

To:
Azetbur of the House of T'lak
Diplomatic Consul
City of ShiKahr, Vulcan

Stardate: 180630

Ha'tha ti'lu, beloved Mother

Lesek shaya tonat, I received your last two communiques. I have neglected my correspondence, for this I apologize - ni'droi'ik nar-tor.

My work goes well, some I may not speak of, as you know, given that our enemies may even read private and personal messages. I am made Chief Science of SS Peedy Thor and in this I am most happy.

I ask you do not speak to me yet of bonding, there is none I would find satisfying. Klingons are too warlike and Vulcans too staid. One day maybe I will make you a grandmother, but not yet. Forgive this, for my life is given to the Federation. In this is satisfaction in duty and in honor.

Today instead of duty myself and my colleagues visited the social area on the station, that they call 'The Pinastri Table.' The significance of this name eludes me. There are several tables inside the chamber, but this logically does not seem to be the reason.

We sat at one table that is set for a game humans and others apparently enjoy playing. They throw dice and add points, he with the most then wins. I found this game to be displeasing but I strove to participate as a member of the crew. It was difficult I found my Klingon blood rising, I had to quell it with meditative thoughts. It is... irritating to know I can be so easily annoyed by a useless activity such as this. I resolve to work on managing these emotions. I do not wish to be v'tosh ka'tur.

Tai nasha no karosha. I wish you health and good happiness, Oko-mekh.

"Computer, end. Encode, save, transmit via Pinastri Communications when able"
<'recording saved'>
*T'PRAIN* of Qo'noS & Vulcan

LTCmdr | Astro Sciences/Anthropology/Linguistics
Chief Science Officer | SS Peedy Thor
Delta Company Graduate 101012

*Access Service Jacket*

2nd Place: IEEE Virtual/Ntl Robotics Wk '11 Rover Building Competition

Return to “SS Peedy Thor Mess Hall”