SS Peedy Thor Commisioning Script - 190601

SS Peedy Thor, NCC 122355, is a Watchtower Class Station. We are in orbit above Pinastri Prime, and we officially opened our doors for operation on 180301. The station is named after one of our more prominent members, the late Admiral Peedy Thor. We strive to continue his vision and drive to make the station a crowning jewel of UFS. Admiral Peedy Thor, Gone but Never Forgotten.

Roleplay Times: Thursday 1:30 pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Kermie Mistwallow
Executive Officer: Draco Dimanovic

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Draco Dimanovic

Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Chief of UF Starfleet Ops
Ship/Station Posted: SS Peedy Thor
Grid: Second Life

RAdm Toocool:
*signals the Whistle*

COMPANY

ATTENTION TO ORDERS!!

Kermie Mistwallow:

Welcome All to this momentous occasion,

The christening, commissioning, and official launch of a ship or station is a time honored tradition that is steeped with history. Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans on Earth called on their gods to protect their sailors. The favor of the monarch of the seas – Poseidon in Greek mythology, the Roman Neptune – was often evoked. Ship launching participants in ancient Greece wreathed their heads with olive branches, drank wine to honor the gods, and poured water on the new vessel as a symbol of blessing.

On the SS Peedy Thor we thought it only right to ensure that we kept with tradition, therefore we drank, we poured water and we wrapped our heads in a wreath ..... ok so that is not entirely accurate ... the wreath was more a bush that the XO fell in, the drinking while it did happen, happened a bit too much in excess and the pouring water ... well that was the CO doing something he should not of been doing on a Security Officers Head .... to which I stand here out on bail and must return to the brig immediately after this ceremony.

Today, the crews of our ships and stations no longer sail on an ocean, but on a vast sea . . . a sea of stars. The universe is vast, but the mission of the crew of these magnificent areas is the same. To explore, to discover new frontiers, to expand our horizons, and open our eyes to things that will enrich our future and allow us to forge new friendships with cultures we have not yet met.

I would now like to hand over to Fleet Captain Data Axel to say a few words on behalf of the Chief of Staff.

Rhys Careli Axel:
*smiles and nods*

Today is a formal reception for the Commissioning of the station named after my late husband Peedy Thor, who was Peter Hickman in RL. Peedy passed away sadly in March 2014 after a fight with esophageal cancer. He was posthumously promoted to Admiral. But who was he and why was a station named after him?

He was very active until he began to feel unwell and resigned from his position as a Joint Chief. By very active I can vouch that he even logged in on Christmas days and actually processed membership applications, also folders of individuals' test results which he would transfer on to the UFS records.

Here is his Service Jacket:
Graduated UFS Academy 080428
Assigned to Engineering Branch 080428
Assigned to Academy Division 080626
Assigned to Academy Branch 080901
081001 to 100227:Chief Administrator, Academy Branch
Assigned to Command Branch 100227
100227 to 100330: Vice Head of Personnel
100330 to 100604: Director UF Starfleet Personnel
100604 to 110214: UF Starfleet Chief of Staff
Academy Administrator, SS Alexandria: 110214 to Present
Chief Engineering Officer, SS Helmut Kohl: 120124 to 130602
Engineer, SS Cassini: 130602 to 140323
Honorary Member: 140323 to Present

Spookily, he was a great friend in SL of Kermie. He never would never miss an Alpha disco that Kermie used to run on Mondays. Friendships grew in this weekly time slot that was good for Europeans, and before long meet ups in RL were arranged and Peedy met Kermie alongside others about twice a year in various cities for weekends.

When he passed away Kermie led the memorial ceremony for us. I find it so fitting that Kermie has become the CO of a station named after his good friend. His memory lives on in such a way I wish he could have seen.

And so now let me talk to you about Kermie. Well, I have met him a few times in RL and we have a good friendship. However, we worked the closest when I became Superintendent of the Academy and he was my Commandant. Can you mix friendship and careers? Well ours has stood the test of time. I feel I know his children personally from the countless meetings in Discord when I have been in voice channels with him (and his kids). We have witnessed good times and bad in UFS but our friendship and strong working relationship nowadays as JCs has kept us going.

So finally a word about the station itself.
*Registry: 122355
*Type: Headquarters
*Commissioned: 190425
*Construction: Cascadia
*Station Designer: ASDB
*Operational Status: Active

Please bear with me while I remind everyone of the wiki page about the station.

The station is named after one of our more prominent members, the late Admiral Peedy Thor. We strive to continue his vision and drive to make the station a crowning jewel of UFS. Admiral Peedy Thor, Gone but Never Forgotten.

The SS Peedy Thor is a Watchtower class station, located in the heart of the Pinastri System just beyond the Humboldt Belt sitting in geosynchronous orbit with Pinastri IV, also known as Pinastri Prime. Construction of the station began a few months after the Volcanic Eruption on Pinastri Prime. The Pinastri Ground Facility was forever gone and in our minds we were uncertain of the future. We lost many good crew members and still feel that loss every day. During this time we resided on the SS Athena. The Athena was a small Marine station with very cramped quarters for our large crew. Many of the crew were reassigned to other ships of line, while a small number of us stayed on the SS Athena.

Even with the lessoned numbers we were still quite cramped and medical conditions were not the best with so many crew still there. The engineers, with help from civilian contractors, began to construct what would someday be the SS Peedy Thor. The Peedy Thor was assembled on-site during a long two year process. We weathered several ion storms, a chaotic system full of dangers, and the occasional malfunction of equipment. During its assembly, the station was positioned in orbit of Pinastri III. However with the lower gravitation of the planet and the increase in freighter and mining traffic to and from the Humboldt Belt and the outer planet’s moons, the station was moved to its current position in orbit of Pinastri IV (Pinastri Prime).

Though the struggle to complete this station has been long, and filled with tragedy, it has also been rewarding. To see the planet burn and the SS Peedy Thor rise like a newborn baby, born in the heat of battle, to carry on with its first screams being “UFS Strong”.

I am extremely proud and pleased to see the station commissioned. Unfortunately I cannot log into SL today and be with you all, but I will be thinking of you. Godspeed, may your God bless her and whoever work and travel in her.

Kermie Mistwallow:
Thank You Fleet Captain Axel for conveying that on behalf of Rear Admiral Skinstad

I'd now like to hand over to Rear Admiral Kinney Randt to say a few words

Kinney Randt:
My speech is shorter, so please re-read it 3 or 4 times as needed

I have known Commodore Mistwallow since WAY back in the day, when he was a mere LT, and XO of the Pathfinder facility on Pinastri, and I was the CO of Tranquility Station in orbit above. Over the years, many things have changed, but Commodore Mistwallow's dedication to UFS remains strong.

Since then, we have both moved on to new ships and stations. Which is why we stand here today: in honor not just of Commodore Mistwallow, but also Admiral Peedy Thor, taken from us much too soon, and to whom this new station is named in honor of.

Peedy and Kermie knew each other well, and worked together many times. It is a proud moment for UFS to have a station named for a long time member, being commanded by another long time member. I have no doubt that the stories and adventures of this new station will be legendary.

To the entire crew of the Peedy Thor Station, the Human Adventure Is Just Beginning. Congratulations, and enjoy what the future will bring.

Thank you

Kermie Mistwallow:
Thank You Admiral for the kind words, the payment in the form of pictures will be sent shortly

I would now like to Introduce the Stations Executive Officer, Commander Draco Dimanovic, be careful he lies...

Draco Dimanovic:
Greetings fellow UFS members and friends and thank you Commodore Mistwallow.

My speech won't be nearly as long as my CO's since all my time was taken up writing it for him. *winks* In all seriousness, I would not be where I am without his guidance, friendship and support, that goes for all my fellow crew standing up here with me today .

I would just like to say what a great honour it is to serve as second in command in the Headquarters of a group that is so dear to my heart. Never did I think I would get such an opportunity, but now that I have, I intend to stand side by side with this great crew and do all we can to promote UFS ideals and remember the great legacy of our station's namesake, Admiral Peedy Thor.

Thank you

Kermie Mistwallow:
Thank You Number One, but we all know who your real CO is

If anything stands out from these types of ceremonies it's that we are all here for a common goal, to enjoy ourselves in an environment based upon an idea, the idea that we can better ourselves if we work together for the common good. The Station could not of got to this stage if it was not for the hard work, dedication and loyalty of it's Crew.

Draco, as my right hand you have ..... *looks to the crowd* nope get that mind out of the gutter that is NOT where i was going with that. As my right hand you have not only stepped up to the plate and ensured you fulfill your role to the best of your ability, but also ensured that I have done the same. In the time you spent as Chief of Medical and moving up to XO you have proven that given the chance and opportunity even the not so sharpest tools in the box can accomplish great things.

In all seriousness, I wish to thank you, for sticking by me, for helping the station and it's crew be the best they can be. I am proud of the Officer you have become and while occasionally we get accused of having a Bromance, there is noone else i would have at my side.

Rowena, our 2nd Officer, you have probably been the longest serving member of the crew since its inception. i can only imagine how much grey hair you must have with the things you deal with from us. It is thanks to you that the Station and HQ has a home and for this no words could express my personal gratitude. Thank you for providing our home, for making things easy, and for ensuring the Sludge supply stays stocked up, even the Fleet thanks you for that!

I could thank every member of the crew individual, Saf for ensuring my browser history stays secure, Lizzy for deleting said history from the servers so i don't get blamed for UFS outages, Alex for forging my signature on medical documents so it looks like i actually went to a medical exam <.<

While they may no longer be active, i would also like to thank Ravyn Stormchyld and Brittany Buttons, when the station first started in the idea phase and moved to its building, and rebuilding, and rebuilding and rebuilding and .... you get it , those two where integral to getting things set up, without that groundwork we would not be where we are today.

And thank you to Rear Admiral Skinstad, for having the faith in us to carry on Peter's Legacy in SL with his Avatar Name, I truly hope we do his name and his legacy justice as we move forward. Peter/Peedy Thor was a great friend, a great mentor and will always be alive in our hearts.

Now for the official Part.

To: Commodore Kermie Mistwallow, Commanding Officer, SS Peedy Thor
From: Rear Admiral Cheryl Skinstad, UF Starfleet Chief of Staff
RE: SS Peedy Thor Commissioning

Effective this stardate 190425 I hereby release the SS Peedy Thor from Shakedown and move her to Active status.

Your XO, Draco Dimanovic, you are hereby promoted to the brevet rank of Commander with all the rights and privileges upon authorization of this Commissioned Status.

Congratulations on successful completion of United Federation Starfleet's Shakedown and I wish you and your crew the best of luck in your future travels within UF Starfleet.

Warp Speed Ahead!

And with that
*presses a button*
Beams the Champagne bottle into space ...... not looking at the coordinates it lands on his head

Congratulations Peedy Thor, and Thank You all for attending today!
Commodore Kermie Mistwallow
Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
Commanding Officer | SS Peedy Thor
Director | Promotions & Awards
Wiki Content Manager

Return to “SS Peedy Thor”