:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

Mission TDRP20-10: "Rihanha Rinam" 200329

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

IRW Sahe'lagge Log
D'deridex Warbird
Stardate 200328

We hone in on our prey like the hnoiyika of our homeworld. Our mnhei'sahe will be restored when we capture the Federation flagship. The saavik Toocool escaped our net. But her ship... will be in our grasp siurenisiure.

Yes. Be wary Lloannen'galae. I am the ra'kholh. And as your ancient texts say...  'Revenge is a dish best served cold.'

Jaeih e-Ihhliae T'Khev 
Riov (Commander)

==================================================
TACTICAL DATA:
http://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index. ... Sector_Map
http://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index. ... nta_Sector
==================================================
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

PARTICIPANTS
---------------

IRW SAHE'LAGGE
Riov (Commander) Jaeih e-Ihhliae T'Khev (Poison Toocool) - Commander
erei'Riov (Sub-Commander) Vaebn Annhwi Tr’Khiy (GreenLantern Excelsior) - First Officer
Arrain (Centurion) Ine Lais T'Llweii (Leninah) - Technical Officer
erei'Erein (Sub-Lieutenant) Rhhaein Lareth T’Suran (Rain Torvalar) - Scope Officer
erei'Erein (Sub-Lieutenant) Vaebn Hanaj Tr’ Vreenak (Benjilabonj) - Logistics Officer

TAL SHIAR
Ssiebh (Colonel) Ael i-Mnaeha T'Jorani (Evelyn Rieko)
Aendeh (Major) Verelan Kaol T’Hwaehrai (Cheryl Skinstad)
Arrain (Centurion) Radaik Dorek Tr’Lai (Bodan) - Weapons Officer
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP NARRATIVE
============

Commander of the illustrious vessel, IRW Sahe’lagge, Riov Jaeih e-Ihhliae T'Khev shifted in her seat. Was bad enough to have lost control of the situation back at SS Alpha Therapévo. Now the Tal Shiar was hanging about her bridge, watching every move she made. She smirked slightly. Let them watch. She was not defeated yet. She had followed the USS Taylorholic Durant into Klakkr's Drift. They had run, rather than stand and fight. Weaklings. "We will find the Federation flagship. We will capture it. We will return home with it in tow, for the honor of the Empire, and our vessel!! Stations, report."

Breathing down the neck of the Weapons Officer, Aendeh Verelan Kaol T’Hwaehrai is annoyed that two warbirds and a small scout ship, a space station full of supposed allies - and Riov T’Khev, couldn’t capture the Federation flagship. Toocool has disappeared, and now the IRW Sahe'lagge is deep in Klakkr’s Drift. A waste of time. Inefficient, ineffective. This mission must be a success. She reminds herself that as a member of the Tal Shiar she should typically remain on the ship and serve as a"political officer" who ensured that the captain of the vessel, as well as its crew, remained loyal and followed the orders of the Praetor. However, she is wondering if Ssiebh T'Jorani has the stomach to act. The Tal Shiar should be in command of the vessel! It’s the only way to resolve the situation.

erei'Erein Rhhaein Lareth T’Suran, Scope Officer, wonders why we followed that cursed Federation ship into this soup as her station complains about just about everything and growls out, "This cursed drift is making havok with my station, I got no sensors, I got no way to see where we're going. We're flying blind.” After a slight pause: “Sir."

erei'Riov Vaebn Annhwi Tr’Khiy, second in command of the Sahe’lagge, flicked several contacts and rechecked the telltales on the vidscreen. Nothing yet. This was not good, but this could not be blamed on him, he hoped. The accursed Drift had blocked his success and he was unable to contact the other two warbirds or the scout ship. In addition, the faint signal from the Starfleet ship had vanished without a trace. He glanced at the scanners, then turned and looked hard at the main viewing screen. The powerful warbird was blind and deaf. He turned to make his report. "Riov, the Drift is blocking our reception of tracking signals from our ships and the spy signal from the Federation ship. It appears that the deeper we move into the Drift, the more blockage we encounter."

Arrain Radaik Dorek Tr’Lai, at the Weapons console, scanned the bridge officers and wondered what fools the Empire had running its vessels these days. Their current predicament was outrageous and shameful. Skulking around in this drift blind and lit up like a beacon for all to see. "Well it would seem that we are sensor blind and also without a cloak. Hardly anything for the Empire to be proud of"

erei'Erein Vaebn Hanaj Tr’ Vreenak, Logistics Officer, cried passionately: "For the honour of the empire!" He turned to the systems in front of him, stringently assessing the screen in front of him. He looked over in the direction of Rhhaein, taking a glance at the screens in front of her. Reluctantly, he gritted his teeth and sighed. "I must concur with the Scope Officer, it is with regret that our sensors are struggling to detect anything. Surrounding radiation and gravimetric effects from the fracture have rendered our technology useless. I'm going to boost what I can but unfortunately, I cannot guarantee success."

Arrain Ine Lais T'Llweii, Technical Officer, finds this scenario something of a challenge and an opportunity. She permits herself to feel a subdued stirring of anticipation and salivates upon the opportunity. The lack of cloak and limited detection in this nebulae was indeed an inconvenience, one which may be more so to the Starfleet ship but no more to a Romulan officer worth their presence on such an illustrious vessel as this. We will overcome, she decides and reports to the Riov in that spirit “lhhei, the starfleet ship is running around chaotically getting stuck in things going back then forwards trying to use its probes to find its way. They think they are invisible to us in this nebulae but they forget at their peril that as Romulans we are more than our advanced technology we are smarter and more determined in the use of that technology and I am working on their exact status and position using other means to deliver them to you lhhei for your decision over their fate.” She smirks, exuding supreme confidence, exposing other’s pathetic excuse for failure for what it would surely be seen as.

Ssiebh Ael i-Mnaeha T'Jorani, Tal Shiar, paces back and forth next to the Riov's chair, then stops next to it looking down at Riov T'Khev and says, "How could this mission go so wrong? Two warbirds, a scout ship and the space station as our ally and you couldn't capture the Federation flagship Durant!" She sneers, "not only that but where is their Admiral Toocool? How did that go wrong? Hm?! You are inefficient and ineffective." She turns listening to the report from helm, then turns back to T'Khev, "who's idea was it to follow the Federation ship into this Drift?" She looks around the bridge and then back at T'Khev leaning in a bit, "Oh yes, YOURS! What are you going to do?"

Riov T'Khev crossed her arms, aware T’Jorani was standing right beside her. “The air on this bridge is stale,” she murmured. “T’Suran, we are Romulan. If you cannot use the technology to see, use your mind. These are Terrans we are chasing. They also cannot navigate in here. We have an advantage, however. We have the intellect of our forebearers.” She turns to Tr’Xereth,” scan for engine signatures. Probably impulse.” She nodded to Tr’Khiy, “Put yourself in the mind of a human, for a moment,” she said with a voice that sounded slightly disgusted. “You also cannot see. You are afraid for your crew. You have seen the might of the Romulan fleet, the Sahe'lagge, trails after you. What would you do to try to find your way?” She nods with a wry smile to t’Llweii, “Yes, they are like a trapped mewling kitten.” She sits back, knowing from the voices of her crew that they are with her. They will find the Durant. Soon. Her thoughts are interrupted. She slowly rises, her eyes on t’Jorani’s face. “I will do what I need to do to capture the Durant. It was NOT MY FAULT that YOUR USELESS AGENT on the stataion FAILED to do their job. Now it is up to ME and MY SHIP to preserve the Honor of the Empire. AND… WE… WILL.” She glared at the Ssiebh, and then spat, “Pah.” Turning to T’Llweii, “Starfleet probes? Hmmmm… if they are transmitting telemetry, there might be a way to trace their signal. See to it.”

T'Hwaehrai glares atT'Jorani. She talks big. She looks round the Bridge and thinks what an ineffective set of idiots they all are. Unworthy of their positions in any Romulan ship, but then the Command is lacking in guidance and what is actually being done to complete this mission? If T’Khey can’t do the job, the Tal Shiar must take over! It was not unheard of for Romulan Captains to face arrest by the Tal Shiar officer for failing their mission. What is T'Jorani waiting for??

T’Suran glances over at Vaebn. His passionate cry for the Empire. She puckers her lips in what she sees as an behind kissing gesture and then spits on the floor in his direction and says in a low voice to him, "You best be guaranteeing success or I will climb over this console and beat you with it". She turns back to her console and sneers in disgust at the lack of information coming from it but then can't help but smile and glance back at her commander giving the Tal Shiar a piece of her mind.

Tr’Khiy turned from the communication panel to survey the bridge. As First Officer, one of his duties was to oversee the bridge crew as a backup to the Riov and ensure that the Riov had not missed any serious infractions. He was also assigned to take over the bridge in case the Riov was incapacitated, either through injury or cowardice. Usurping command in an unauthorized manner was always severely punished, as the rest of the bridge crew acted as witnesses, so the injury or cowardice would have to be very serious for him to act. In the meantime he would check the operations of the crew in case the Riov had missed something. Communications was basically out of commission at this location, and as he had reported, conditions would worsen as long as they continued on this course. He stepped away from his useless panel and moved toward the nearest bridge station.

Tr'Lai listens to the posturing and aimless chatter around him. He grips both edges of his console tightly, looks down, closes his eyes and breathes out a deep sigh. His patience at this game playing is running thin. T’Hwaehrai is right, at this rate it's just a matter of time before T'Jorani makes her move to take control. "I think you'll find decisive action is what is required, Riov T’hev, not game-playing. Find the Durant, get us in range so we can disable it. Is it really not that simple?"

Tr’ Vreenak looks down at the floor, he takes a moment to consider his reply and sighs. "I guarantee nothing, T’Suran. My priorities lie with my work and the success of this mission. Perhaps you should focus on performing your own tasks to the... Best... Of your abilities, before somebody else fulfills them more efficiently." He looks back at the screen. "Still no progress. It would appear we are, as my colleague says, traveling blind. I suggest we maintain power to impulse, weapons and shields."

T'Llweii works on her console and tracks the gravitational eddys and disturbance patterns in magnetic and other less used but more penetrative and therefore detectable fields in this environment and feeding this through the computers complex algorithms to produce a trail for the Durant and confidently reports “lhhei, I have their position and coarse with clarity now. What have you decided is their fate? Where shall I deliver these precise coordinates to for action? Scope for pursuit and certain capture or weapons for their destruction?” She delivers this to the Riov as she is duty bound to do, but knowing the Tal Shiar will not be blind to the fact it is she that has delivered the crucial information again and directly aided the final demise of this Terran nuisance of a ship and contributed to the glory of it. Even more content that she is staying out of the conflict happening between the Tal Shiar and other members of the crew and determined to keep it that way.

T'Jorani hears T'Khev's response and smiles. " You sound like a teenager that has been caught failing." In a whining voice she says, "'It's not my fault, it was your agent at the station... useless agent." She glares at the Riov. "Correction, this WAS your ship. As of this moment I am taking command. Hear me clearly, bridge crew officers, anyone that resists this takeover by the Tal Shiar will be harshly punished, and not just you, but every one of your family members as well… so think hard and clearly before you resist. She looks T'Khev in the eyes. "Will you let your crew and their relations all be punished so that you can sit in that chair and continue to fail? Riov T'Khev, step down!" She glances at T'Hwaehrai, “If she does not step down, shoot her."

/con't
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

T'Khev glances again at T’Jorani, her lip curling in silent derision. She considers the reports she has been given. Ignoring Tr’Lai, she transfers her gaze to the viewscreen. “Tr’Vreenak, maintain power to impulse, shields, keep weapons ready.” She frowns to T’Llweii, “How did you determine their course? And what shall we use to navigate by, if we cannot see the stars? Tell me, where are their probes? Can we use them to establish our own position, relative to the Durant?” Turning to Tr’Lai, “Tell me more of this subspace fracture. Is it possible the mewling hLloannen'galae vessel is caught in its gravimetric forces? If so, and we approach, what must we do to remain free of them.” Then T’Jorani’s words hit her. Swiftly she draws her own pistol and moves behind the Tal Shiar Colonel. Glancing to the others, “Keep at your posts, and keep doing your job, or this one dies.” Looking to Tr’Khiy: “If you can open a channel to the Durant, do it now.”

T'Hwaehrai finds the insolence shown by the backchat of the Riov to T'Jorani distasteful and the sly grins of backing by certain crew members deplorable. She notes that some crew are remaining quiet and neutral in their siding with the Tal Shiar or the Riov. T'Jorani finally did act and show this useless crew who is really in charge here. She looks round. Was the First Officer moving out of his Bridge position to oversee the bridge crew as a backup to the Riov to ensure that the commander had not missed any serious transgression? She watches the scene unfold as T’Khev draws her weapon. T'Hwaehrai turns to the her. "You think my superior Officer is unfit to replace you? Show us how you might convince me to report her to my Authorities?"

T’Suran takes a moment to simply sneer at Tr'Vreenak as his comeback is ‘like water off the proverbial duck’. (She might hate humans but they do have interesting expressions.) She knows the Sahe’lagge IS the best. That's why she's here as Scope officer after all! Suddenly she overhears the command of the Tal Shiar T'Jorani. Her hand immediately goes down to the pistol at her side and just about pulls it out when the Riov pulls her own pistol. With a half smile, half sneer she feels her blood pulse hotly as the situation presents itself. She pauses and waits to see how the fallout lies, knowing she'll put her life down for the Riov in a heartbeat.

Tr’Khiy stepped over to the weapons console and checked its status. The Arrain on duty there maintained a stiff posture, as he was also being surveyed by the subordinate Tal Shiar officer, T’Hwaehrai, who was looking over his left shoulder. His board looks clean, set up correctly with weapons and shields on standby. He places a hand on the man's right shoulder and says "You are doing well, Arrain Tr’Lai. Continue." He looked up as the Tal Shiar Colonel attempted to take over the bridge, and smiled slightly as the attempt was thwarted by his commanding officer. He acknowledged her order with a slight nod of his head, "At once, my Riov," and stepped back to the communications panel. Increasing transmitter power to maximum, he spoke into the panel. "Starship Durant, Federation Starship Taylorholic Durant, this is Imperial Romulan Warship Sahe'lagge. Durant, this is Sahe'lagge, come in, urgent." He turned slightly from the communications panel, drawing one of his own weapons and training it on T’Hwaehrai.

The hairs on the back of Tr'Lai's neck bristled with excitement at the power play now developing in front of him. Maybe T'Jorani made her move too soon? It was beginning to look that way. He was very aware of the First Officers eyes over his shoulder and the fact that both his Tal'Shiar comrades now had weapons turned o them. Keeping his calm, he looked across to t'Llweii "which ever way this pans out, I'm going to need those coordinates sooner rather than later so patch them across immediately"

Tr’ Vreenak rolled his eyes as the Tal Shiar flexed their muscles. It was easy to rise up and cause a stir but his own skin was far more important to him, that and capturing the Durant. He was far more driven by the glory of battle. He simply nodded and kept the systems ticking over. "Power maintained. Let's see how this one pans out... Let victory be ours!"

T'Llweii watches the expected attempted Tal Shiar take-over and maintains her position as a neutral ‘fence sitter’ till at least she knew who was going to win anyway. Amongst this she was shining she was sure and that’s what was important. She glanced around the bridge for any signs that people were taking sides constantly weighing up the signals and determining the balance of power. Then she felt the shine get a bit tarnished by the RRiov’s challenge on her methods so she responds to the Riov’s query cautious not to fall down on one side or the other with her answer. “lhhei. I triangulated and calculated their position using the forces and fields that can still be detected in this dense nebulae such as magnetic disturbances, gravitational eddys the things we can make use of that the Terrans are just too stupid to exploit. It’s right, lhhei, that’s where they are we can use the trail I have plotted to either shoot them or follow them it’s your choice.” She bows respectfully before appending: “Well yours or whoever is in charge of this vessel at any given moment, and takes the responsibility.” She looks at Radaik Dorek Tr'Lai and gives him a look which says agreed and her fingers send the coordinates across to his station.

T'Jorani nods at T'Khev as the Riov stands and walks behind her. T’Jorani starts to walk toward the Command chair to sit but stops suddenly when she feels a weapon against her back. She quickly looks to T'Hwaehrai, sounds like a traitor to the Tal Shiar, but maybe it is a ploy to gain this Riov and her crew's confidence. Obviously this Kiov and her crew are too dimwitted to realize what they have done. They have defied the Tal Shiar, they will not be smiling when their family members are punished as they watch., before their own punishment. She noted not all of the crew was taking the Riov's side. The ones that do will understand the far reaches and power of the Tal Shiar . She knew her words would not convince them. Then. She says in a gentle voice to Riov T'Khev, "You have proved yourself a fighter and that is good. Your crew is loyal to you that is also good." She smiles, " Suspecting that the Durant crew would attempt to download information from the SS Alpha Therapévo computer core. I provided highly encrypted information for them to find. The flagship should be having some serious issues because of a trojan I placed in the data. This trojan will also allow us to track them. She turns and faces T'Khev, "Riov, we must work together! put your weapon away. You have proven to me you are strong and a leader.. let’s make this mission a success together."

T'Khev watched as Tr’Khiy followed her instructions and also drew his weapon on the Tal Shiar. “A loyal crew is the greatest reward a commander could receive,” she told T’Jorani. The tension on the bridge was acute. The calm before the storm. The eye of the storm. Perhaps.

=^= USS Taylorholic Durant, I am Riov Jaeih e-Ihhliae T'Khev of the IRW Sahe'lagge. Shaoi ben. (Mavolently) We have you. Stand down and prepare to be boarded. Do not delay, do not play games. (Even more sternly, slowly, clearly) I am the susse-thrai, and my wolfen teeth are at your throat. =^=

T'Khev looks to T’Suran, “Use those coordinates and take us to the Lloannen'galae vessel, all possible speed.” To the rest she said, “Maintain shields if possible. Charge weapons. Prepare boarding parties.” But all the while, she kept her weapon pointed at T’Jorani. All her senses were keenly aware of each person on the bridge, where they were and what they seemed to be doing. She nodded to T’Jorani with a sardonic smile. “Oh yes, we can work together. If you… as the human’s say, “‘play nice’. Drop your weapons.” To Tr’Khiy, “disarm the other two Tal Shiar.”

T'Hwaehrai is very surprised that a Commander would face down the Tal Shiar. Interesting. The first time any of this crew has shown any lack of weakness. Her leader has been threatened and she relishes the thought of T'Jorani's job. She wasn't responding well to the Commander and does not feel any remorse in calling out the Riov to sort out the situation and not backing her superior Officer. What does she have to lose? She can report either of them for their inefficiency in their handling of this situation. It is a win win situation, if they ever get out of this drift. However, she needs to stay on either side of this for self preservation and so needs to look as though she is gaining the crew's confidence, but could perhaps persuade her ploy to her Superior Officer later.

T’Suran visibly pouts as the Tal Shiar, T'Jornai, gives up too easily. She latches the strap back onto her holster, her blood still boiling with her ramped up anger. As her Riov gives her a command, she can't help but state for the Tal Shiar's benefit, "I am with you Riov! As you command!" and then inputs the coordinates to move us closer to the Durant's position. "Course laid in.” (Mostly under her breath): “We'll get those Terrans and crush them like the dogs they are"

Tr’Khiy watched as the drama played itself out, keeping one eye on the Tal Shiar and the other eye and both ears on ship's communications. There was a very real danger that the other Romulan ships might hear his attempt to communicate with Starfleet and consider it a traitorous act, punishable by death. The two Tal Shiar officers standing at the Weapons station might very well decide not to raise shields in that case, to allow the Sahe'lagge to be destroyed rather than to fall into the hands of the Federation. He moves his finger to the firing stud of his weapon, ready to drop the two officers and leap to the weapons console to raise the shields. Hearing the Riov's order to Durant to surrender, he smiles, then steps forward, stretching his hand out to the two officers, palm up. "Disarm."

Tr'Lai had pondered taking direct action against the First Officer. He had him sussed and was confident that a swift three point move he could disarm him and turn the tables quite easily. He thought again. The timing was off as the crew still seemed to be firmly behind their Riov. More importantly the mission at hand remained the priority. T'Jrani's actions had backfired in his eyes. Poor situation management. He stood helpless as the First Officer disarmed him and T’Hwaehrai.

Tr’Vreenak smiled with glee, now was the time to make an impact, whatever happened now, as long as he did what he was told and succeeded, he could rise through the ranks far easier. This entire scenario around him on the bridge was for those who wished to die unnecessarily. He transferred power and tapped through the various screens. "Power transferred to weapons. I shall begin assembling the boarding party, may we be victorious in all our endeav..." Before he could finish speaking, he heard a message on the screen.

T'Llweii hears of the trojan tracker in the data the Terrans were allowed to download and smiles. Whispering -- but making sure its heard by the Tal Shiar: “Very clever, very smart, just the sort of thing a Romulan should be thinking of.” Somewhat relieved the tension is dropping as the usual truce is arrived at fairly quickly. No-one wants us fighting ourselves when we already have an enemy at hand and that sanity usually prevails in these posturing situations, but still, not always. She monitors the ship’s progress along the trail she plotted not really caring if it was the Trojan or her work that set them on the path, just contented her trail was being borne out as their course follows it precisely. She logs that to be used in copious detail in her post mission report. Offering re-assuring smiles to both sides.

=^= "....(static)........(static)... message…. rece…. acknowledge…." =^=

Tr’ Vreenak looked over his shoulder with haste. "We've got an answer from the ship, they've received the message. It's open if you want to reply, Captain!"

T'Jorani is unsure what T'Hwaehrai's motives are...so she will not trust her from this point on. She glances at Tr’Lai nods. "See, we can all work together. Exactly. We are not enemies… We are all Romulans… we are all working for the good of the Empire!!” She turns and listens ..waiting for the message from the Durant? "Very good! Good work crew!"

T'Khev assesses her options. T'Jorani has shown weakness in backing down so fast. The other Tal Shiar will be disarmed. She says firmly, "The Sahe'lagge will assuage the honor of the Empire, lost at SS Alpha Therapévo when, by your actions, T'Jorani, we lost our advantage. We will capture the Lloannen'galae flagship!!" She lifted her weapon, and fired.

=^=

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”