:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, Contact your Branch Commander to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

TDRP009: 160603 - "Facing the Drone"

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sundays 11:15am SLT
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool, Evelyn Rieko

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

===SHIP'S LOG===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
COURSE: LEE SIDE 33029-II
SPEED: ONE HALF IMPULSE
STARDATE 160603.0100

LOG:

As the Durant was passing through a binary system located approximately forty light years spinward Pinastri, we located the source of a encrypted high density pulse. A Kazon vessel. What's strange is that although we can read its presence we have no indication of life signs. Yet it seems to be fully functional. I have advised Helm to make a course through this system so that the gravitational eddies may hide our approach. I am reluctant to break comms silence so I have instructed OPs to prepare a small comms buoy, we will sent it to our rear and have it broadcast an encrypted message to the fleet once it arrives in the centre of Telos Sector. It will give a short signal indicating our current location and advise Starfleet we are approaching a heavily armed, fully functioning vessel with no life signs. A possible CoreWorlder drone ship, purpose unknown.

OPs and Science have been working non-stop to decrypt the signals being broadcast from the Kazon vessel. Although we may not be able to break this highly sophisticated code, it's clear that this kind of encryption is far beyond the Kazon. That, along with the lack of life signs on a functioning vessel, leads to the unmistakeable conclusion that the ship has been set up as a drone. The cloaked comms buoy I ordered deployed to the Telos Sector has been configured to broadcast a narrow focused signal towards Pinastri once it arrives at the set coordinates. This was a recommendation from the OPs chief, FCapt Firelight, and I agreed. It has now disappeared from long range scans due to its distance from our position, but appeared to be functioning normally until that point.

We continue with total silence, text only messages from deck to deck and person to person, no combadges, no internal ship comms, holding our position in this binary system while monitoring the drone ship. If we are unable to decode their signals... and it seems likely we will not... the next step will be for us to board that vessel and access the computer to see what we can find. To this end I have asked the XO and Marine OIC to prepare boarding parties in liaison with Security. I don't think we'll just be able to waltz in and take the data we need. Engineering and Tactical are preparing the ship for battle; OPs is to shut down all unnecessary systems, Medical is preparing for triage; Science is to provide all possible information on Kazon vessels and CoreWorlder Drone ships. I have also asked the XO to prepare a plan for a saucer separation, either for tactical purposes, or to ensure the safety of the crew. The time for drills is past.

IN SERVICE
POISON TOOCOOL, FLEET CAPTAIN
COMMANDING

===LOG ENDS===

LCARS: http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... Sector_Map

LCARS:
PREVIOUS

"Eerie Calm" - viewtopic.php?f=602&t=28927
Urul Yven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
COURSE: LEE SIDE 33029-II
SPEED: ONE HALF IMPULSE
STARDATE 160603.1713

-LOG-

Colonel Blatchford gave me the order to inform our subalterns about the situation about how it presents itself for the moment and that we are not allowed to use any communications then text or person to person. He ordered me to give it one to the Marine's Contingent on the ship that they have to strictly obey to these orders otherwise there'll be consequences for the Marine who eventually committed the error as well as to the whole contingent aboard the ship.

Furthermore they were informed that they have to make themselves ready for whatever will be decided in the next 24 hours, because there'll be still some coordination meetings with Security and the XO of the ship.

So the Marine contingent of the ship is in stand by .

IN SERVICE
URUL YVEN, MAJOR
VICE OIC
Urul
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

===SHIP'S LOG===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
STARDATE 160604.0100

OOW GAMMA SHIFT
CMDR RUSSEL SPROUT
DUTY LOG

SHIP'S POSITION: 41.35 LY SPINWARD PINASTRI
SHIP'S SPEED: FULL IMPULSE
SHIP'S STATUS: ALL DEPARTMENTS GREEN

The Captain has called a briefing for senior department heads today at 0200 hours. In addition, final diagostics and any minor repairs to be completed by then in preparation for an attempt to board the Kazon vessel at 0300 hours. Operations works on decryption, currently without much success. Science is of opinion that if we could download the drone's computer files we might find the key. Marines and Security have ten boarding parties running drills. Because of gravitational eddies and perhaps strengthened shielding, we are uncertain if the drone ship has internal security, like robot sentries or other booby-traps. Several shuttles have been prepared for use if close proximity transportation... or evacuation, is required. Current status is "Go".

===OOW GAMMA DUTY LOG ENDS===
Teresa Firelight
Operations - Fleet Captain
Operations - Fleet Captain
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

=^= Operations Log =^=

Chief Operations Officer reporting,
Stardate 160504.0822

This is alarming. We have decrypted part of the message. As far as I can tell, the abandoned Kazon ship was acting as a relay station to the ships who recently attacked Pinastri. They were sending bits of highly sensitive Starfleet data, including Starfleet Shield Frequencies, Command Authorization codes and Phaser Specifications, etc. One of the command codes that we were able to translate belongs to Commodore Kinney Randt and another to Fleet Captain Toocool.

I have no idea how they got this data, but the little we have decrypted appears to be accurate. Does Starfleet have a traitor in our midst? Or do they have sophisticated equipment that has been able to pick up and decode some highly sensitive data?

I am informing Captain TooCool immediately and recommending that all Starfleet Command Authorization codes and default shield frequencies be reset.

=^= End Log =^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

===SHIP'S LOG===

USS TAYLORHOLIC DURANT
VESTA CLASS NCC 780304
COURSE: TELOS SECTOR
SPEED: WARP TWO
STARDATE 160604.0930

LOG:

We managed to board the Kazon vessel as planned without any of the issues I had anticipated. A direct shot or two disabled their shields, weapons and comms array. Science downloaded the data from their computer banks and I ordered OPs to latch onto the ship so we could tow it to the nearest starbase. Once we had neutralized the vessel, I was able to send a direct signal to the Fleet with regard to the information we had discovered. Only to find, during our silent running, that the Core-Worlders and associated ships had been dealt with and most of the information we have is old news. However, Starfleet Command Authorization codes and default shield frequencies have been reset. Given the level of sophistication noted in the Core-Worlder's tactics, it's possible they had means to intercept our signals and decrypt them. If the drone vessel was, as suggested by Chief OPs, a relay vessel, then we will give it a thorough going over with the goal of ensuring our encryption and communication methods are made more effective. Then we shall return to Pinastri for our next assignment.

IN SERVICE
POISON TOOCOOL, FLEET CAPTAIN
COMMANDING

===LOG ENDS===

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”