USS T-Durant Mission TDRP1733: “Yesterday Never Dies" (190818)

The USS Taylorholic Durant is considered to be the Flagship of the UFS Fleet. We are honoured to have Admiral Mike Calhoun as our former CO and as a current crew member, as well as other luminaries. We support UFSA as much as we can and we provide mentorship to the JOOP & CGSD graduate programs.
We roleplay in-world on a drop-in and scheduled basis. We also add to our history and environment by writing RP Narratives, Mission Logs & Personal Stories for the UFS forum.
Inspired by the ship's namesake, the late Admiral Taylorholic Durant, crew members work to exemplify the behaviour, actions & vision of United Federation Starfleet in everything they do. Our first rule: to be kind to one another. And have fun.
Please note we practice Post Order (P.O.) and One Post in our Roleplays. For further info, contact the C.O.!

Roleplay Times: Sun 11:15 SLT

Commanding Officer: Rear Admiral Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Commander Evelyn Rieko

Moderators: Evelyn Rieko, Greenlantern Excelsior, Poison Toocool

Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

=====OOC======
DURANT MISSION TDRP1733
Sun August 18, 2019
OOC Preparation

==============

STARDATE: 190818
CREW CALL TIME: 1115 SLT
LOCATION TO MEET: Durant
RP LOCATION: Bridge
MISSION LEAD/GM: LTCmdr Rieko (ICly, Acting XO)

WHAT TO WEAR:
Official UFS uniform

WHAT TO KNOW:
-the ship is: at stationkeeping
-alert level is: red
-we left Pinastri 5 weeks ago
-we are currently on patrol in Sector 010H

**You should have read:
TDRP1728: "End Program" (190707):
viewtopic.php?f=885&t=31457&p=204680#p204680

TDRP1729: "Computer? ... Computer?" (190714)
http://forums.ufstarfleet.org/viewtopic ... 85&t=31468

TDRP1732: “Deja Vu All Over Again" (190803)
http://forums.ufstarfleet.org/viewtopic ... 85&t=31502

POST ORDER: Will be decided, and posted, by the Mission Leader just prior to mission start (and sometimes adjusted in the RP if necessary).
MISSION TIME: Please be ready & prepared & in place for RP to start at 1130 SLT

IC PREMISE: While on a routine patrol of Sector 010, approximately 62 light years from Pinastri, the Acting XO decided to run a battle drill. During the simulation, Operations was ordered to shut down holodecks and transfer power to shields. Holodeck One did not respond to either Bridge commands or external Arch commands. Further investigation revealed that there is a temporal anomaly in the holodeck. It's possible this area of space has hidden dangers. An attempt to rectify the problem in Engineering was unsuccessful... indeed, the crew experienced some Deja Vu, demonstrating that the temporal issue is not confined to the holodeck. Now the bridge crew will determine the best course of action to protect the Durant.

=OOC================================
SIM Concept: Evelyn Rieko & Poison Toocool
Historian: Poison Toocool
====================================

=====OOC======
ARRIVING LATE? Contact the Mission Lead when you arrive, and wait to be instructed on Post Order & Story before speaking in Local. Come up with a reason why your character would be entering the scene at the appointed time and include it in your first post.
LEAVING EARLY? You need to post out. Come up with a reason why your character would be leaving the scene. Ask for permission to go to your department, for example (RP etiquette also says it’s nice if you wait to see the replies before you actually remove your avatar from the scene).
=====OOC======
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

CAST OF CHARACTERS
=================

Cmdr Evelyn Rieko - XO
Ensign Bracken Wood (Cheryl Skinstad) - Helm
LTcmdr Leninah - Science
LT Nems Darkstar (Knightspet) - Mission OPs
Ensign Salek (ChrisHeath) - Tactical
Poison Toocool
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral

RP NARRATIVE
============

Lt. Cmdr. Evelyn Rieko looks around the bridge. A few minutes ago she was in engineering. She feels disoriented but makes herself focus! The ship is caught in a time loop, and the Captain is trapped in the holodeck. She is depending on the Durant crew to find a way to extract the Captain from the holodeck program he is trapped in, and also remove the anomaly safely or pull the Durant safely away from it. She looks at the crew and says, "Reports everyone! Science what is the state of the anomaly.. how much has it extended from the holodeck..and is it possible to scan the Captain inside it? Security... continue scanning for intruders. Helm keep us at stationkeeping... and report on the spatial conditions outside the ship."

Ensign Bracken Wood checks the area for any asteroid storms, ion storms or any other phenomena heading toward the area. She is very alert and cross-checks all data to see in advance if there is any another type of problem heading our way. We’re trapped in a time loop at the moment, and so most importantly Helm must be ready to navigate the Durant away from here at a moment’s notice. "Aye Commander, keeping us at station keeping... and I will report on any spatial conditions...so far we seem to not have anything to worry about, but I am looking very carefully for any changes. "

LT Nems Darkstar begins to check chronitons scanning the data from our shields to see what kind of power we are facing. " Yes Commander, keeping a close watch on our weapons and equipment on this ship, right now do not see anything we need to be concerned with, but I am making sure that does not change Sir."

Ensign Salek: "Commander, tactical is Green. I scan no hostile ships or hear any hostile chatter. Shields and weapons at the ready."

Lt. Leninah sits at the science station and quickly brings herself up-to-speed on the situation from the shift logs. “Hmmmm, how interesting” she mumbles as she reads on, the XO’s instructions ringing in her ears. “A time distortion in the holodeck?!” Her nose wrinkles as she remembers immediately how much she hates the whole concept of temporal distortion. Whilst scientifically intriguing it really does make your brains mushy! A worried frown forming as she reads about Captain Hode being trapped in there “Oh oh!” Then again now that would give him a great excuse for being late! Feels another headache coming on! Responds to the XO “Yes Sir on it now!”

Rieko nods to Ensign Wood, feeling relieved to hear there are no other issues they have to deal with for now in this area of space. She listens to the other reports. She looks to Lt. Leni and says, "Science work with Engineering to find out the level of chronitons in the holodeck! Once we know that we can create an antichroniton pulse of some kind... " She suddenly is back in Engineering for a few minutes and looking at Cmdr Sprout... and listening to his report about why we can not extract the Captain..... the time loop goes around.

Wood taps her console, checking readings from navigational and tactical sensors, and also checking present course as the ship moves in orbital station-keeping, she adjusts the course slightly with maneuvers used to keep the ship in the assigned orbit. She wonders what kind of anomaly would encircle the Holodeck and then begin to extend and thinks back to any examples she remembers from her Academy studies on any such type of anomaly. Suddenly she is in her quarters again, before she started her shift on the bridge reading missives from her family. She laughs at her brother's antics. Suddenly she is back on shift and is embarrassed that she laughed for no reason at her station.

Nems Darkstar looks around as he rubs his chin noticing that half the crew are missing, maybe it is a dream he is having. Shakes his head that can not be correct, rubs his eyes and sees himself in his quarter studying for his lessons. Suddenly he opens his eyes and is back on the ship looking around at the crew and feeling very weird at the moment. Paying close attention to the readings on our equipment and making sure there is nothing strange about them.

Salek Studies the instruments seeing no hostile ships or intruders. Feels himself aboard the Veracruz for 6.73 seconds then back at his station. Realizing logically this is the effects of the time loop.

Leninah Looks at the Admiral and wonders about the things he’s seen and done. Glancing out the window at the academy seeing the scale but organization of this wonderful adventure fills her heart with excitement and desire to get out there and become a part of it. She listens to the Admiral talk about time and its effects and how it can be a dimension and that starts to make her head hurt. Still, these were the things that intrigued her, learning about the universe as it was not as we see it.

Rieko is suddenly in engineering and she turns to Sprout saying, "Our main concern at the moment is to get the person out of the holodeck, unharmed." She says, " Computer are you able to detect who the person is trapped in the holodeck?"

Computer: =^= The individual in the holodeck is Captain James T. Hode =^=

Rieko hears the computer state it is the Captain trapped in the holodeck and feels tense and worried as more adrenalin goes through her veins. She mumbles out loud, "The Captain? "She had just been thinking of calling the Captain to get his help in this situation, but instead he is the person that needs help! She looks to Sprout, " No, I don't want to evacuate the ship! Scan for chronitons.. other suggestions?" She moves on in the time loop and finds herself back on the bridge!

Rieko: "Everyone! We are feeling the effects of the time loop...Science is there any way to detect how long we remain in the time spans? We need enough time to work on the solution. It seems to me to be only a few minutes or maybe seconds that I was in a different place and then back on the bridge. The remarkable part of this situation is I remember ...we all seem to remember when we are displaced in time and when we return to our current time... Science and Engineering, where is that report on the chronitons levels!?"

Wood cross-checks as a matter of routine at each shift change, or during alert status. She stops for a moment to re-orientate herself. Is she on her shift or is she in her quarters? She rubs her eyes and blinks, confused slightly. She looks around and sees other Officers. Has she just begun her shift on Helm? She is unsure and so cross-checks her data to try to bring herself up to speed. She is aware that Helm has to be in a position to act quickly and she feels uneasy. "Commander I am feeling a little disorientated. Does anyone else feel like I do? I fear the anomaly may be affecting my ability to attend to my position accurately "

Nems Darkstar shifts around in his seat remembering everything happening in the present and just a few minutes ago. Feeling an ill feeling from this anomaly just feeling odd, a puzzling look on his face. Turns to the Commander, "Sir I have looked at destroying the anomaly with weapons but to be honest it is too risky at this point to try that Sir."

Salek checks tactical remembering the present but recalling a class in history at the Academy. The only fully recorded time loop event. The Enterprise D trapped for 17 days while another ship the Bozman trapped for 90 years. Notes a small change in the future released them both but cannot find a safe or logical change to perform at the moment.

Leninah: After a lot of struggling with the mushy aspects of temporal distortions, and in an oasis of clarity she feels she has an idea to contribute and looks to the XO “Sir as requested my analysis and recommendation. Obviously, the distortion has to be removed. It’s spreading, but messing with temporal layers upon layers doing things before and after you did them is much harder to plan than just removing it. We already have some ways to approach that. However, sudden destruction of it wouldn’t do anything to save Captain Hode, that would be very unpredictable, but if it could just be decayed slowly? We could monitor that and respond if things started to go wrong. That may return the Captain to his normal time? I think Cmdr Rieko, you were on the right lines with the anti-tachyon pulse. A sustained ramping up a beam of that calibrated at the right levels and dissipation profile could well produce the outcome we are looking for. Yes, it’s not guaranteed, It has risks, but compared to our other options it’s probably the most promising one?”

Rieko: "Ensign Wood, yes, we are all caught in a time loop, and being affected by it. You may find it difficult to focus but please give it your best..." She looks around at the officers on the bridge, "I am counting on all of you. Please stay focused and perform your duties as best you can when you are in our present time. I am counting on you.. all of you, and the Captain is counting on us! Chronitons are known for being associated with time travel and so are Tachyon particles." She looks to Ensign Nems, " keep looking for solutions, we cannot use a standard weapon on the anomaly...but some type of pulse....maybe." She then hears Ensign Salek, and looks to him, "Good work Ensign..continue to look for other recorded incidents similar to this one...and we may find a solution!"

Rieko turns to Lt. Leni, looks and listens, "Yes, Temporal distortions are very unpredictable and difficult to understand. How could the anomaly be decayed slowly? You said to monitor the Captain... if we monitor him... is it possible to extract him from the holodeck program when his time syncs with our current time?" She pauses thinking, then says, " Yes, Lieutenant lets develop the anti-tachyon pulse... work on that!"

Wood plots a station-keeping course. That is odd, we are already doing that. She shrugs her shoulders. She turns to Rieko. "Aye Commander, I will do my utmost to stay focused. She begins once more checking the area for any asteroid storms, ion storms or any other phenomena heading toward the area. She is worried this disillusionment will be affecting her performance at Helm position.

Nems Darkstar: "Aye Commander will check to see what kind of pulses would be the best for this situation that we are in." Starting to scan our LCARS to see what would work and something rather quickly as we can not keep going back in time. Look around at the crew on the ship are experiencing many things from this anomaly.

Salek: "Scans show no sentient entities humanoid or other onboard as intruders. Maximum scans show no ships within scanner range. Logically this then is a naturally occurring phenomenon in this area. While I have neither sufficient scientific or engineering knowledge, logic would conclude a nature remedy be pursued as we are doing."

Leninah: “Aye Sir working on that now”. Pulls up the template for a tripod-mounted phaser and overlays the schematic for a tachyon pulse emitter. Setting the variables for intensity, ramping speed, the decay projection, and dissipation constraints and feeds it all into the computer for validation. Within moments the console reports that the dissipation level is too low to handle the build-up from the ramping at that intensity so re-calculates and tries again. This time the light glows asking if it should be sent to the main replicator in the science area to which she confirms and reports “Sir tachyon pulse emitter will be ready for collection in 3 minutes from the science station. Should I go and collect it and test it personally?”

Rieko: "Good work Lt. Nems....report when you find something."Nods to Ensign Salek.."good Ensign.. continue monitoring and report." She looks to Lt.Leni, "Yes Lieutenant test the Anti-Tachyon pulse personally and report to me." Suddenly she finds herself in the Captain's Ready Room having tea with him a few weeks ago:

Captain Hode: "While you were away, I had the opportunity to have a long-range communication with Rear Admiral Skinstad.....She continues to be delayed by her diplomatic work. She and I discussed the current status of our crew and we agreed that, given your involvement in Command training and the period of time you have served on the Taylorholic Durant, you should continue in the role of Acting XO until her circumstances change. Would this be agreeable to you?

Evelyn looked at Hode, "Oh yes!" She said nodding, " That would be agreeable with me, Sir. I'm learning more about the position of XO by actually being in it as Acting XO, " Yes, thank you, Captain." She took another sip..noting her tea is almost gone and cooled.

Wood sits checking readings from navigational and tactical sensors in order to be able to maneuver the ship at the Commander's order if needed. She is intrigued by how an anti-tachyon pulse could be produced by a starship's main deflector. She wonders what trajectory she will be given to steer the ship if they decide to try and free themselves.

Nems Darkstar: "Aye Commander, yes of course', as I glance down noticing myself studying for my bachelor's degree in security, rubbing his chin trying to stay awake from all this studying. Rubs his eyes as he is on the ship seeing that we are in red alert, scanning our databases for a pulse that could pull us out of this anomaly that we are in. Turns to the Commander, " Sir I have yet to find one yet but I am looking closely to see what would be the best for this situation, Sir."

Salek looks up, "Commander the only reference to a time loop in the database is the Enterprise/Bozeman incident. Calling it a time loop is logical. Rikker had to take action to distort that loop and free both ships. Unfortunately, I can suggest no logical course of action even based on history."

Leninah straightens her tunic and checks it in the mirror of her quarters. Entering the corridor and making her way to the bridge. She waits for the turbolift wondering what’s been happening during her off-duty time. Something routine and boring perhaps? … Nah...no chance of that she smiles to herself. Stepping into the turbolift as it quickly arrives at the bridge where she smiles at the crew and takes up her seat at the science station after ticking off Ensign Yvonne for sitting there again! Sits at the science station and quickly brings herself up-to-speed on the situation from the shift logs. “Hmmmm how interesting” she mumbles as she reads on, the XO’s instructions ringing in her ears. “A time distortion in the holodeck?!” Her nose wrinkles as she remembers immediately how much she hates the whole concept of temporal distortion.

=^=

Return to “USS Taylorholic Durant”