:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

180502 - Rewind to Victory

The USS Veracruz is an Allegiance Class Starship operating in Second Life since launching in October of 2011 (Stardate 111001). Commodore Kinney Randt has been in command, along with Executive Officer Commander Aryela Dagger from launch date until the present.

Roleplay Times: Wednesdays 5pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Kinney Randt
Executive Officer: Aryela Dagger

Moderators: Aryela Dagger, Kinney Randt

Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Commodore Kinney Randt Rhode recording

== Prelude ==

Captain's Log:

Stardate: 180502

Alert Status: Red

The Paxati have no words for violence and murder, but the ship attacking them had no such issue. The combat was intense, and the damage severe. We were evenly matched, at least until the invading vessel showed it had a multi-vector assault capability. Outgunned now, and unable to escape, we had no choice but to throw everything we had at them.

Everything wasn't enough. Shields and weapons were failing, and casualties on the bridge included the death of XO Aryela, Chief science officer Skot Brit, and in the final attack, my own husband, Moonprince Rhode.

Left with no other choice, I ordered all surviving hands to escape pods.

Before anyone could escape, we suddenly found ourselves back at our initial point of arrival. All damage gone, injuries removed, and thankfully even those killed, were alive and well.

Almost immediately, we were hailed, "Starfleet vessel, this is Ambassador Sipala Sidu of the Paxati Serenity. We welcome you to our world, and we await you. Again" Again. Clearly we have in fact been here before, and I suspect the Ambassador may know what happened to us. To that end, we are once again beaming to the surface, even as I formulate a new plan of attack for when, and I do assume it is when, the alien ship returns.

In service,

Commodore Kinney Randt-Rhode
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

*Crew Manifest*

CO Commodore Kinney Randt-Rhode
XO Captain Aryela Dagger

Chief Operations Officer Cmdr Fred McCellan
Operations Officer Lt Cmdr Leighann Mantis

Chief Engineer Lt Cmdr Cyrillian Guardian
Vice Chief Engineer Cmdr Ponce "Gron Syntron" Zapatero

Chief Security Officer Lt Cmdr Kristoff Jameson
Security Officer Lt Stormgyro "Stormy Macpherson" Resident

Chief Science Officer Cmdr Scottybrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Chief Medical Officer Cmdr Rodneymmckay "Rodney McKay-Sheppard" Resident

**Guest Stars**

Ambassador Sipala Sidu Fleet Captain Nora Gerhadsen
Archcommander Qinnis Talura Captain April Coswell
ScottyBrit Resident
Science - Captain
Science - Captain
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life

USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Mission Log from Science =A=

Stardate: 180502... or is it 180425... Dratted Temporal Shift Compensation... I don't know. I'll get back to you on that.

Log entry:

After we regained our bearings, both figuratively and literally, we confirmed by comparing the ship's chronometer to the relative position of space bodies that we were transported several hours into the past.

Further analysis of the immediate space around us indicated a temporal disturbance covering a large area around the planet, and extending to the ship's position. There were also signs of weaker disturbances. This suggests that it isn't the first time... heh time... that this area, or relatively so, has been "reset" in time. The ship's computer was unable to indicate a probable cause for our retraction in time. However, all of us crew had a suspicion that we did not need the computer for... it may have something to do with this planet.

Sure enough, Ambassador Sipala Sidu contacted the Veracruz again... in fact that's the word she used "again." She was as aware as we were that we've been through this before. She invited us to meet with her again on the planet. I was with the away team that beamed down.

Her ability to describe the attacks on her world seemed stunted by lack of wording. She was by no means unintelligent, but I now know that they simply lacked the vocabulary to describe these events as we do. A quick sum up of the conversation that took place can be put this way... she was aware of what had happened with us going backwards in time, and somehow her people are capable of causing it.

This explains why we were transported to the past upon our defeat. We were supposed to help them, and failed. As to why we can remember, she did not say. She mentioned that going back with no knowledge to learn from would be of no use. I cannot shake the feeling that this isn't our first journey backwards, but I cannot prove it. it's just a feeling.

In any event, I scanned the local flora, which I may include in a separate report, as well as the ambassador herself. While we all had higher levels of chronitons than we should, hers were exceptionally high. What this means... I cannot be sure whether it is a cause or effect.

We returned to the ship before the Archcommander's return... well not return, as she hadn't approached in the first place... oh never mind. I hate time travel. We relived the battle we already had, with the exception that this time, we were prepared. We knew what was coming. If the Desarian ship was going to split into three, then so were we.

Commodore Randt-Rhode had come up with a plan to avoid a repeat of our deaths and ensuing defeat. He dispatched two teams, Commander McCellan commanding the Monterrey with Commander Syntron on weapons, and Lt. Commander Cyrillian commanding the Lionheart with Lieutenant Macpherson on weapons.

Once again, the enemy ship engaged us, with all of their self-perceived fabulousness. This time, things did not go the same way. They struggled to keep up with the three ships against them, and their ships special "surprise" was no longer unexpected. When I saw the readings from our previous encounter, tactics were changed to compensate.

Also of assistance, was the ambassador herself. Toward the end of the battle, she inputted a few commands that fixed our damaged nacelle. I've shown what she did to engineering, and they've assured me that it would take either a genius or days worth of diagnostics to come up with that solution. She had a couple of hours. it's possible that she was just a genius...

The survivors of the battle have been taken into custody. For now, the remains of that shiny ship are orbiting Paxati.

Also, the Ambassador has assured us that should we leave the "bubble" of time distortion, that we should remain unharmed. Some crew may experience dizziness or disorientation for a while... or a rash on the elbow... for some reason... why elbows? Apart from that, returning to our appropriate time should be perfectly safe as long as we only go in one direction. Only after the distortion has faded will it be safe to return... however long that will take.

Conclusion:
This incident has alerted the Paxati Serenity that they have a need to create a way to conceal themselves from passersby. The only way for them to maintain their way of life is to hide. While it is a shame, it is in their best interests.

While still defenseless by definition, the Paxati had an asset that truly saved their lives. I was granted the opportunity to speak with Ambassador Sidu on their philosophy, and attempted to explain our own to the Ambassador, simply in the name of seeking out new understanding from new civilizations. I also got some clarification about their history, and about their language system, moral system, and culture.

However, amongst my scans and questions after the battle, the one thing I haven't questioned is how they're capable of creating small pockets of time distortion. The scientist in me has such curiosity as to how a living being, or possibly a piece of technology, could hold the capability to transfer anything through time. However, this ability is dangerous, and I think that this knowledge is only safe in the hands of a people with no capability of aggression. The possible ramifications are too great.

In Service
Commander Skot Brit (scottybrit resident)
Chief Science Officer
USS Veracruz
Skot Brit.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Γ Gamma Company Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket
LeighAnn Mantis
Operations - Lieutenant
Operations - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Operations Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Unknown

To: Commodore Kinney Randt, CO, USS Veracruz
From: Lieutenant Commander LeighAnn Mantis, Operations Officer, USS Veracruz

USS Veracruz
SS001

=A= Helmsman Log=A=

Stardate: 180502

Voice Recording:

What happened? One minute, we were abandoning ship; the next...

The mission we had before the battle proceeded as originally planned.

In Service,

Lieutenant Commander LeighAnn Mantis

Return to “USS Veracruz”