:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

180425 - Deja Veracruz

The USS Veracruz is an Allegiance Class Starship operating in Second Life since launching in October of 2011 (Stardate 111001). Commodore Kinney Randt has been in command, along with Executive Officer Commander Aryela Dagger from launch date until the present.

Roleplay Times: Wednesdays 5pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Kinney Randt
Executive Officer: Aryela Dagger

Moderators: Aryela Dagger, Kinney Randt

Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Commodore Kinney Randt Rhode recording

== Prelude ==

Captain's Log:

Stardate: 180425

Alert Status: Green

Work continues on our starboard nacelle. Commander Rhode has gotten it so we can maintain warp 6. Anything beyond that, and he says he will need the repair facility at Pinastri.

However, repairs will have to wait, as we have received an odd request for aid from a small scout ship telling us their people are dying from an outside source.

We are setting course for their home world at our current maximum warp. Hopefully this is something our medical teams can assist with, as opposed to being an outside agent attempting to cause harm.

In service,

Commodore Kinney Randt-Rhode
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

*Crew Manifest*

CO Commodore Kinney Randt-Rhode
XO Captain Aryela Dagger

Chief Operations Officer Cmdr Fred McCellan
Operations Officer Lt Cmdr Leighann Mantis

Vice Chief Engineer Cmdr Ponce "Gron Syntron" Zapatero
Engineering Officer Cmdr Moonprince Rhode-Randt

Chief Security Officer Lt Cmdr Kristoff Jameson

Chief Science Officer Cmdr Scottybrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Chief Medical Officer Cmdr Rodneymmckay "Rodney McKay-Sheppard" Resident

**Guest Stars**

Ambassador Sipala Sidu Fleet Captain Nora Gerhadsen
Archcommander Qinnis Talura Captain April Coswell
ScottyBrit Resident
Science - Captain
Science - Captain
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life

USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Mission Log from Science =A=

Log entry:

We received a distress call from a small shuttle, who seemed to know who we were. This was... a bit suspicious in and of itself. The shuttle said that their homeworld was in need of our help, and requested our assistance.

The shuttle was unarmed, so the Commodore decided to follow the shuttle to their homeworld. The people call themselves the Paxati Serenity. I didn't get much details about them, but I could find absolutely no signs of weapons on the planet. There was not so much as a pointed stick in any of my scans, unless said pointed stick was used to pierce a carrot.

The fauna of the planet was exclusively what we would consider prey animals. There was no apex predator, because there are no predators, at least as far as I can tell. Everything on the planet is herbivorous. I will send the relevant planetary information to starfleet science in a separate report.

I believe that all the space chatter that Commander McCellan picked up was related to evacuations.

According to the Paxati leader, their planet was under attack. We soon found this out, as a vessel rapidly approached us. Their possibly insane Archcommander began firing upon us. We appeared to be a match for them, as it seemed we had severely weakened the heavy cruiser. We were taking heavy damage, but so wasthe Desarian ship. We were maneuvering well enough that we seemed to be on the brink of victory...

And then... I had some strange energy readings.

The ship had some energy outbursts, which I have not had time to fully analyze, before it actually split... we now had three ships attacking us, instead of the one.

I regret to say that this turned the tide of the battle. Considering the heavy damage we had already taken, we were no longer a match for the three of them. However, we certainly didn't give up easily. In the end, I suppose the enemy was winning, but I do not remember everything. I recall my console breaking and going black. I switched seats to the secondary science console. And then... Something heavy headed toward chest, I think it was one of the support beams of the bridge. I think I remember something making contact...

... I don't remember anything after that. it's all black. The next thing I DO recall, I'm sitting at my original console, scanning the Paxati planet, with a strange, dull pain in my chest that was fading rapidly.

I don't know how I got there, and I was not the only one confused. The entire bridge crew was slightly disoriented.

Conclusion:
I have been told that after I was struck by a beam, we continued to lose the battle. We suffered many casualties, including myself, Captain Aryela, and Commander Moonprince Rhode-Randt on the bridge alone. Other decks had greater number. Commodore Kinney Randt-Rhode gave out the order to abandon ship, and for the crew to report to the escape pods. After that... something happened.

Whatever happened... we all ended up back where we were. Moon, and the representative from the planet, had vanished from the bridge, and everyone was in the same spot as we were. I'm going to scan for temporal disturbances, as I think this the most likely cause.

If it is not the case, then I am still dead, and am reliving the moment of death in some sort of after-life purgatory. I highly doubt that is the case. However, I do think I died... but since I am not dead now, it seems irrelevant.

In Service
Commander Skot Brit (scottybrit resident)
Chief Science Officer
USS Veracruz
Skot Brit.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Γ Gamma Company Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket
LeighAnn Mantis
Operations - Lieutenant
Operations - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Operations Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Unknown

To: Commodore Kinney Randt, CO, USS Veracruz
From: Lieutenant Commander LeighAnn Mantis, Operations Officer, USS Veracruz

USS Veracruz
SS001

=A= Helmsman Log=A=

Voice Recording:

The shift started out normally. We answered a hail and learned that people were dying of unknown causes and of course, we got co-ordinates to their planet and made our way there with due haste.

However, we quickly learned that the world in distress was being plagued with accidents that were chosen for them. As we were trying to help, we were attacked by many large ships from the 3rd Imperial Desarian Phalanx who were more than a match for us. The Veracruz was shredded in the ensuing battle. Skot Brit and Moon Rhode-Randt were also killed, along with many other crew members...

We were all set to abandon ship by the Commodore's order when time suddenly stopped and everything was suddenly fine...as if it had never happened...

Why?

In Service,

Lieutenant Commander LeighAnn Mantis

Return to “USS Veracruz”