190731 - Designated Driver

The USS Veracruz is an Allegiance Class Starship operating in Second Life since launching in October of 2011 (Stardate 111001). Commodore Kinney Randt has been in command, along with Executive Officer Commander Aryela Dagger from launch date until the present.

Roleplay Times: Wednesdays 5pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Commodore Kinney Randt
Executive Officer: Captain Aryela Dagger

Moderators: Aryela Dagger, Kinney Randt

Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Rear Admiral Kinney Randt Rhode recording

== Prelude ==

Captain's Log:

Stardate: 190731

Alert Status: Green

I have been called to Pinastri for an emergency JC meeting with the Frederation council. Since the Veracruz is needed here, I am taking a runabout to meet at Pinastri. With Captain Aryela still in sickbay, this leaves Captain Brit in acting command of the Veracruz. Everything should go smoothly until I return.

**supplimental entry, delayed recording**

While I was away, Captain Brit found a source for a warp coil to repair my personal shuttlecraft. He then took the El Tajin with Commander Syntron and Lt Commander MacPhearson to be sure the part was correct, and somehow, he lost the El Tajin! We are warping to his location to find out what happened, and to hopefully find the Tajin before I need 3 replacement crew members.

In service,

Rear Admiral Kinney Randt-Rhode
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

*Crew Manifest*

CO Rear Admiral Kinney Randt-Rhode

Chief Operations Officer Cmdr Ponce "Gron Syntron" Zapatero

Chief Engineer Lt Cmdr Cyrillian Guardian
Vice Chief Engineer Cmdr Moonprince Rhode-Randt

Chief Security OfficerCmdr Kristoff Jameson
Security Officer Lt Stormgyro "Stormy Macpherson" Resident

Chief Science Officer Capt Scottybrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Intelligence Officer Ens chrisheath "Salek" Resident

**Guest Stars**

Science Officer Ensign Tonwen Su Commodore Nora Gerhadsen
ScottyBrit Resident
Science - Captain
Science - Captain
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life

United Federation Starfleet
USS Veracruz
NCC - 200808
=A= Mission Log from Science =A=

Stardate: 190731

Log entry:
I am currently reporting from the communications room on... is this a station? Planet? I think I'm on a station?

Stormy, please stop pointing that knife at people... Gron stop sleeping on my shoe!!

*report ended*

Log entry:
Firstly, I lost the pool, as I hadn't managed to destroy the ship within 18 hours. However, the good news is that no one won, as it wasn't destroyed at all.

While the Admiral Rhode-Randt was away for an urgent JC meeting and Captain Aryela was recovering from nearly drowning, I was placed in command. During that time, we received a message from the Chief Engineering Officer aboard the USS Exeter. Apparently a warp coil compatible with the El Tajin has been located. A buyer on an outpost of questionable friendliness had the unnecessarily old part.

We got our information from intelligence as to what to wear, and where to go.

I made the decision myself to lead an away team aboard the El Tajin. We couldn't risk losing this part. Gron assured me that he could keep the El Tajin safe. Also, after my previous excursion in a shuttle, I thought it best that I not pilot it. An added bonus would be his engineering skills, while not depriving the Veracruz of their much needed Chief Engineer.
The third person I chose for the team was Stormy. We would need security, and their race is fairly unknown, so it would not be obvious that we were Starfleet. I left Commander Jameson the conn, and Lt. Commander Cyrillian as acting first. They kept the ship together while the team was out.

Somewhere between landing on the planet and ending up on an unknown station... we lost the Admiral's personal shuttle. However we DID get the warp coil? Does that help?

We had no memory of where we were, how we got there, or where the shuttle has gone. I had the unfortunate duty of hailing the veracruz to inform them... and the admiral was back. I was hoping he had engine trouble or was attacked by a herd of space cattle or something, and was delayed. No such luck. I tried rock paper scissors to determine who had to call, but 1- I'm the senior officer. 2- I was put in charge, it's my responsibility. 3- teaching rock paper scissors to an inebriated Andorian and Vinorian, while being inebriated myself, was proving impossible.

I'm quite sure the Admiral was going to kill us. He certainly sounded like he was going to.

Conclusion:
The El Tajin is lost. It's my fault. It was my decision to take the shuttle, and it was lost under my command. I accept full responsibility for any damage or loss from henceforth that is discovered. Literally everyone else involved was only following orders.

In Service
Captain Skot Brit
Chief Science Officer
USS Veracruz
Skot Brit.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Γ Gamma Company Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket

Return to “USS Veracruz”