United Federation Starfleet
SS Tranquility
SS 001
=A= Executive Officer's Log =A=
Lt Commander Aryela Dagger recording
=============================================

Stardate: 110601.2200

Alert Status: Yellow - Lockdown

An away team has been assembled to investigate the disappearance of the Magwich, and the loss of communications with the Thur station in the area.

In service
Aryela Dagger
Aryela Dagger
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life Grid

*Crew Manifest*

CO Commander Kinney Randt
XO Lt Cmdr Aryela Dagger

Chief of Engineering CMDR Vulpina Howley

Chief of Operations LTjg Tess Tison
Operations Officer LTjg Piper Hagel
Operations Officer Ens Ramius Easterwood
Operations Officer LTjg LeighAnn Mantis

Vice Chief of Security LTjg Jamie Czavicevic
Security Officer LTjg Siobhan Crystal

Science Officer Lt. Cmdr Garethya Mongrain
Science Officer LTjg Skotbrit Resident

Medical Officer LTjg Hermione Highwater
Tess Tison
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Operations Officer | USS Sheppard
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquility
SS001
=A= Operations Log=A=

Stardate: 110601
Ops Staff: LTjg Tess Tison, LTjg LeighAnne Mantus, LTjg Piper Hagel, Ens Ramius Easterwood

Log Entry:

UFS Command sent SS Tranquility orders to turn prisoner Jo Massenbergbe over to the custody of the USS Magwitch for transport to Justice 1 to stand trial. However, the USS Magwitch never arrived—she was 40 hour overdue and out of contact. LTjg Czavicevic had been trying to hail the Magwitch for over a day with no success.

Ops took over that task, but was also unable to establish communications with the Magwitch. However, we check logs of subspace communication and found the last reported sighting came from the Space Station Thudr, who reported the Magwitch at the close range of 50,000 KM. Then Space Station Thudr also went out of communication. Ops tried to hail the station, but with no success. The LCARS reported that Space Station Thudr was owned/manned by the Thur, a peaceful avian race. They are not a part of the Federation, but are in friendly relationship with the Federation and have official permission to have a research station deep in Federation space.

Since both the Magwitch and Station Thudr dropped out of communication at roughly the came time, and in proximity of each other, we assumed these two events were most likely related. Cmdr Randt ordered Tranquility staff to take the Goddard out to investigate. Unfortunately, the Goddard was partially disassembled for upgrades and was unusable. However, the USS Spirit was docked at our station and their crew on LOA. We received permission from Starfleet command to use the Spirit for this mission.

We flew the USS Spirit to the area of the Magwitch's disappearance and then began to run scans. We found evidence of a firefight. We also found ion warp signatures and weapon signatures consistent with a Klingon Bird of Prey. Scans of the space station revealed no life signs. We are preparing to beam down to the station and investigate, hoping to find clues of what happened to both crews: the crew of the USS Magwitch and the crew of Station Thudr.

Individual Log: LTjg LeighAnn Mantis
Position During Mission: Helm

Lt. JG Mantis arrived for the mission and after changing into the proper uniform, she was assigned to the main Ops station and assigned to research information on Thudr Station on the LCARS and report back.

Research of Thudr station by Lt. JG Mantis turned up information that was rather compelling; the station was manned by the Thur, a bird-like species who, according to computer information, are not part of the Federation at this point in time, but are a rather friendly species.

Upon receiving that information, Commander Randt ordered the Goddard prepared that an away team might travel to and search Thudr Station.

Before departure, however, several of Tranquility's crew members received promotions for exemplary work and were praised appropriately

According to Lt. Tison, a ship called the Magwitch was detected 50,00 KM from Thudr station and neither the ship nor the station returned any attempts at communication.

The crew then beamed to the USS Spirit, and Lt. JG Mantis was assigned to the Helm position. She logged in to the helm and awaited orders.

After receiving proper co-ordinates and receiving permission from Tranquility to depart, Lt. JG Mantis took the Spirit out of space dock. After clearing an ugly ion storm, she gradually increased the ship's speed as the Spirit searched for the Magwitch's trail.

Finally, after an initial bout of unsuccessful searching, the Spirit picked up the Magwitch's trail and the warp trail from a Klingon Bird of Prey. To the crew's shock, the warp trail matched the trail created by a ship piloted by Captain Jo at an earlier date.

Following confirmation that a firefight of some sort took place in the near area, Lt. JG Mantis followed orders and brought the Spirit to the location of the firefight, keeping enough distance so to allow sensors to work at full efficiency.

Upon doing so, Lt. Hagel discovered a broken up comm message from the station, despite sensors reporting no presence of lifeforms on the station.

While Lt. Hagel worked to clean up the message, Lt. JG Czavicevic detected weapon signatures from both Orion and Klingon weaponry. Commander Dagger ordered a note made of it and then ordered the crew to find out exactly why there were no life signs on the station.

Subsequently, Lt. JG Mantis was ordered to bring the Spirit in orbit of the station, as Commander Dagger desired to attempt transporting over.

Although Lt. JG Mantis complied, the transport was delayed due to the fact that Lt. Hagel had cleaned up the message and it turned out to be a distress call from Thudr Station that was cut off abruptly.

In response, Commander Dagger ordered everyone to arm themselves and declared that she wanted 3 teams to investigate; the Commander also ensured that EVA suits wee not required in transporting over to the station.

Commander Dagger then ordered that Security meet the away team in the transporter room with tricorders and weapons ready...

Individual Log: LTjg Piper Hagel
Position During Mission: Communications

As I was standing in the turbo lift waiting to get off at my stop and hoping that i wasn't late for my shift on the Station, the fly opened and I walked on through . I took a moment an looked around at all my crew mates, then proceeded to my station. I was assigned to the Comm Station. I sat down and taped the console and input my command odes to activate the panel. I was ordered to try to contact the Space Station Thudr, but was unable to get through to them. I reported my findings, and was told to retry. So i went back to my station and tried my best to try to get a hold of them, but was unable to do so. After all that time that passed by, still nothing. Cmdr Randt called up some of my crew mates and I. We were promoted from ensign to LTjg .

After that i was assigned to go to the USS Spirit on the COMM station. Our orders were to find out or try to get connect with the station Thudr. As we were getting closer to the site of the station. There was still no word from it. So I tried again, but this time it seemed like something was interfering with the signal. Commander Dagger ordered helm to take the ship in closer, and found out that it was a ion storm in our way to the station. The commander took it safe and went around the storm. Then I retried the comm link to the station and still nothing. Lt Tison suggested that we look at their system from ours, and see if there was a open link or loop in the system. I check in the console and connected it to the station's computers for the comm station and found a small loop that was badly damaged. So i tried my best to fix the message. I played it for the commander, and it seemed like they were in a fight of some sort .

Here is the content of the message, once I unscrambled it as much as I could:

=^= Thunder Station message to any ....ship in range ....... send .. Help We under .....( in the background there is the sound of weapons fire and the then heavy breathing , then the sound of a button being pushed, cutting off the link and it repeats again.) =^=

Individual Log: Ens Ramius Easterwoord
Position During Mission: Main Ops and Op Team Leader

[[ Ens Easterwood did not supply a log]]

Individual Log: LTjg Tess Tison
Position During Mission: Auxiliary Ops

I received a private hail from our XO informing me she was otherwise detained and would be arriving late, and asking me to ask as OIC until she arrived the OpDeck. While I was acting in that capacity, LTjg Czavicevic informed me that the USS Magwitch was 40 hours overdue and out of communication. I had ops try to contact her and to check all comm logs for reports of her last known whereabouts. Thur station Thudr had reported sighting her, but shortly after that they also went out of communication. I assumed that the two might be related. About then LtCmdr Dagger came to the OpDeck, so I gave her a status report.

Cmdr Randt came to the deck and we held a short ceremony for our 5 ensigns who were promoted to LTjg. Then Cmdr Randt ordered me to prepare the Goddard to go investigate Thudr station to determine why they were out of communication. Unfortunately, the Goddard was in middle of a retrofit/upgrade and unavailable. However, the USS Spirit was docked with us and her crew on LOA. So I contacted Starfleet Command to request/receive permission to use the Spirit. There was a little bit of problems with the communication equipment but I was able to get that squared away.

When we boarded the Spirit, I put Ens Easterwood as Ops Team leader to see how they group would function without me, and took a role as Auxiliary Operations. I expected to mostly sit back and observe the Ops team, but ended up doing a few XO-like duties in support to Commander Dagger, who was Captain for this mission.

We arrived the area of space where the Magwitch disappeared and found evidence of both Klingon and Orion weapon fire. No sips were present. We also scanned the space station and did tn find any life signs. However, our Comm officer found a semi-jammed looping distress call indicating they were under attack.. the distress call terminated half way through. LtCmdr Dagger has ordered away teams to beam to the Satellite and investigate. I checked the LCARS or all relevant data, and discovered a protocol agreement the Federation has with the Thur. We are obligated to beam to the outside platform where shuttles land and take their turbolift to enter the station, we may not beam directly inside of it. Fortunately, there is an section of that landing deck with an atmosphere. Also the internal atmosphere is intact. So we will not need EVA suites for this mission.

CONCLUSION:

There is evidence of Orion/Klingon fowl play and two crews are missing. It was definitely a good idea to send the USS Spirit out to investigate. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and recover both crews.

(I suspect the prisoner has been “rescued” from our custody by the Orions, who are known to be using a Klingon Bird of Prey. I hope we will have a chance to recapture her as well.)

In Service
LTjg Tess Tison, Chief Of Operations,
LTjg Piper Hagel, Operations Officer,
Ens Ramius Easterwood, Operation Officer,
LTjg LeighAnn Mantis, Operation Officer
Jamie Czavicevic
UFSMC - Brigadier
UFSMC - Brigadier
Duty Post: Deputy Commandant of the UFSMC
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Marine Corps Head
Grid: Second Life

SS Tranquility
=A= Tactical/security Log =A=

Stardate: 1100601
Security Status: Yellow Alert

Log entry:
Justice 1 reported in that the USS Magwitch, is now 40 hours over due for her arrival. I have been trying to reach her via subspace communications. we will try to effort what happened to the USS Magwitch and make sure our murder suspect arrives for trial

*Crew Manifest*

CO Commander Kinney Randt
XO Lt Cmdr Aryela Dagger

Chief of Engineering CMDR Vulpina Howley

Chief of Operations LTjg Tess Tison
Operations Officer LTjg Piper Hagel
Operations Officer Ens Ramius Easterwood
Operations Officer LTjg LeighAnn Mantis

Vice Chief of Security LTjg Jamie Czavicevic
Security Officer LTjg Siobhan Crystal

Science Officer Lt. Cmdr Garethya Mongrain
Science Officer LTjg Skotbrit Resident

Medical Officer LTjg Hermione Highwater

Individual Reports:
Name: Jamie Czavicevic
Position: Vice Chief of Security

When I arrived in ops from my office I informed Lt Tison the OIC of the situation concerning the USS Magwitch. She ordered her Ops officers to continue trying to reach the ship while she conducted a search of ops logs, trying to find the last known location of the USS Magwitch. She discovered that Thur station Thudr had reported sighting her, and that this station had also lost communications shortly after reporting the position of the USS Magwitch. As Lt Tison advised me to continue to try to reach the CoS of the USS Magwitch and she had ops trying to raise Thudr station.

The commander and Xo Arrived in Ops shortly after this discovery Lt Tison briefed them and Commander Randt held a short recognition of those promoted this month including myself then ordered us to prepare to take the USS Goddard out in search of the missing ship. the USS Goddard was not available at this time so Lt Tison requisitioned another ship that was in port without a crew at the moment, The USS Spirit.

We took our station quickly and headed for station thudr. Once we arrived tactical sensors picked up signs of a battle clear signs of phaser fire and photon torpedoes consistent with Federation ship weapons as well as Orion and Klingon Disruptors and torpedoes. There were no signs of wreckage big enough to be a ship so it is assumed that either the Magwitch survived or was destroyed elsewhere in a running fight.

Station Thudr showed no life signs, although we picked up a distress Call that was partly cut off. Lt Dagger ordered us to prepare to board the station. Ops located our boarding instructions from the Thur, UFS treaty agreement and we planned to follow those despite the clear distress the station was in.

Conclusion:
It is clear that the USS Magwitch and Station Thudr were attacked by a combination of Orion and Klingon weapons. As Jo Masseberge is a known Orion operative who is also a captain of an Orion Held Klingon Bird of Prey. It can be assumed that the Orion’s have freed our Murder Suspect to avoid a trial

In service
LtJg Jamie Czavicevic
Vice Chief of Security, SS Tranquility
Jamie Czavicevic
UFSMC - Brigadier
UFSMC - Brigadier
Duty Post: Deputy Commandant of the UFSMC
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Marine Corps Head

USS Tranquility
=A= Tactical/security Log =A=

Stardate:110601
Security Status: Yellow
Log entry:
I came on duty and took my place at Tactical. Conversation focused on the disappearance of the Magwitch while enroute to Justice 1 with Jo Massenberg on board. Attemts to hail the Magwitch had proved fruitless for over 40 hours. There were also concerns that communications had been cut off from Thudr Station. Space Station Thudr had reported the last known sighting of the Magwitch at about 50,000KM, but since that time the communications have also been silent.

Cmdr Randt ordered Tranquility staff to take the Goddard out to investigate. The Goddard was partially disassembled for upgrades and was unusable. Lt Tison was able to find the USS Spirit, instead which was currently docked at our station and her crew on LOA. Starfleet command granted permission to use the Spirit for this mission. Cmdr Randt formed a team that included LTjg Tess Tison, LTjg LeighAnne Mantus, LTjg Piper Hagel, Ens Ramius Easterwood, Ltjg Jamie Czavicevic, Ltjg Skot Brit, Ltjg Hermione Highwater. LtCMDR Dagger was in charge. I remained behind on the Tranquility.

While the away team was investigating near Thudr, I conducted a series of diagnostics in Tactical. All weapons were at 100%. Minor recalibrations to targeting were necessary and very routine. A diagnostics of Tactical scanners was going well until I discovered the scanners responsible for the area in which we found the Orion satellite were working at only 75% of a capacity. Other scanners had taken over some of the duties as is programmed, but like someone with “lazy eye” syndrome, in which one eye compensates for the other, total visual clarity, or in this case scanner clarity is not produced. This could be another explanation for why we did not discover the satellite earlier,

I did a check of logs and discovered that Crewman Collins had recently accompanied an engineering team on routine maintenance in the sensor areas. It may be that the crewman was not just dabbling in spices. Nevertheless, I am starting a more thorough investigation on all crew activities, including new security members. We undoubtedly have or have had a spy or spies in our midst. I notified engineering and a thorough check was begun on all sensors,

Conclusion:

Deeply troubled by the discovery of tactical sensors tampering, I am wondering more and more how much this battle with the Orions will pan out. Massenberg will meet her judgment and the sooner the better.

In service
Siobhan Crystal
LTjg Tranquility Security
ScottyBrit Resident
Science - Captain
Science - Captain
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz

SS Tranquility
SS 001
=A= Mission Log from Science =A=

Stardate: 110601
Location: USS Spirit, outside Thudr Station, 4 ly from Pinastri

Log entry:

I arrived a bit before the standard duty shift, where Lt. (jg) Czavicevic informed me that that there was still no word from the USS Magwich, which was the transport ship on its way to Justice 1. This made it now forty (40) hours since their eta had passed. Lt (jg) Tison checked a few things and reported that there had been no word from Thudr Station, a non-federation, but friendly, post that according to Lt. (jg) Mantis later on relayed were an avian species that are friendly provided that the party is polite called the Thur. Lt. Tison asked me to see if there were any phenomena that may have caused the lack of communication from the station as well. Results were negative for anything out of the ordinary. Naturally, it was suspected that the two radio silences may be related, especially considering the highly coincidental timing, as well as the close proximaty of the two. After a brief digression where recipients of recent promotions were given a word of congdulations, we proceeded on a search mission to ascertain what happened to the Magwich, and if it's connected to the lack of reply from Thudr Station.

The Goddard was in for routine repairs, so instead we too the USS Spirit which was docked at the station. Commander Randt-Rhode stayed on Tranquility while Lt. Commander Aryela Dagger lead a team to follow the known course of the Magwich. The team comprised Commander Vulpina Howley; Lt. Commander Garethya Mongrain; Lt. (jg) Tess Tison, Hermione Highwater, Jamie Czavicevic, Piper Hagel, LeighAnn Mantis; Ensigns Ramius Easterwood, and myself. Lt. (jg) Siobhan Crystal was unable to join us on the bridge of the Spirit to start with, unfortunately. We were instructed to bring phasers, and any equipment that we may need. We then proceeded to the last known location of the USS Magwich, aproximately 50,000 KM from Thudr Station.

We successfully avoided the ion storm between Pinastri IV and V, which was not too difficult as we were headed in the opposite direction. Nevertheless, caution was still taken. Cmdr Mongrain was asked to track the trail of the magwich, while I was told to scan the area to see if there were any warp trails of other ships. A warp trail matching a Klingon bird of prey was detected. Having brought the warp signature data from the sensor logs back when Lt Ravenheart was kidnapped, i was able to match up the two. So the same ship was in the area with the magwich outside Thudr Station.

I was then asked to scan for lifeforms. Unexpectedly, there were no signs of life at all on the station. However, we won't know if it is because everyone left or more foul work until we board. Ops was working on cleaning up a signal from the station. When it was finally audible, it was clear that there was an attack, and that there was phaser fire in the background. Lt Tison asked me if it was possible to scan for traces of Orion or Klingon DNA using the scanners. Unfortunately, the traces left behind would be too minute for the scanner, as it's not calibrated to search for DNA that minor outside bacteria and microbes, which would still be alive. That would not be possible until aboard the station.

Eventually, the inevitable decision that we would have to beam aboard became apparent. Lt Czavicevic brought phaser rifles and LC uniforms. The air quality inside the station was fit for breathing. In fact, it had less CO2 than usual, likely due to life support systems running but no one inside to breath it. Still, that means that Eva suits will not be necessary, and we can come aboard easily.

Conclusion:
It is necessary to come aboard the station, as there are too many unanswered questions that we cannot solve from the ship. We should be able to do so without incident, as clearly there are no lifesigns aboard. Of course, scanners have been deceived on occasion., but I'm confident that it is not the case here. If anyone is hiding, I would sooner suspect it be the Thur, and as a means of protection, not ill will.

Speaking of deception, the warp signature detected outside the station confirms that it was an authentic signature detected when Lt. Ravenheart was kidnapped. There are ways to fake warp signatures, but the chances of faking one and having it be an exact match to a ship is very slim. Not to mention, that the match is to the ship of the very party that would not want a connection made. With the details of the neutrino emmissions, it will actually aid us in tracking the ship, assuming that they don't become too degraded by the time we are able to track it.

In Service
Lieutenant (jg) Scottybrit
Science Officer, SS Tranquility
Skot Brit.

The difference between genius and stupidity, is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Γ Gamma Company Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket

Return to “SS Tranquility”