Ideas and Suggestions wanted

The UFS Promotions and Awards department is responsible for any and all Promotion & Award Requests.

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Data Axel

Hidalgo Dorchester
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Intelligence-Command Liason, CTO, Professor
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

ANY fleet or sector level job us working beyond the chapter.... just saying.

And it dies not have to be an award .. .. a citation once in a she would do just fine FOR working beyond the chapter.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

I totally respect your point of view Hidalgo and I totally see where you are comming from but in the grand scheme it is awarding for the wrong reasons

* Doing a job in order to get an award is not the same as getting an award for a job well done......when one is in the army one isnt going to purposely have himself injured just to receive a purple heart.....one receives a purple heart for being injured.....there is a diffrence

and at the end of the day I am more then willing to hand out a hundred awards to people who have gone beyond the call of duty making UFS fun for other members (cause thats what Fleet level really is.....working so others can have fun) then handing out 20 awards to people who did a job just to get an award
Selenmoira Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Commanding Officer | USS Davy-Crockett
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Did we have an award if the crew feel to like to honor the work of there CO or XO? For my understanding a CO and XO is the working horse, the backbone of a chapter. They have to plan, do, check, act. They have to hear all moans of the crew and they have to do not only the funny part the weekly roleplay. They are also someone who help the things between chapter and fleet-level running.

So is there something I, as little light, can recommand my CO for?
Captain ●●●●
Daecalad S. Brôgdram

Director Office of Promotions and Awards

CO U.S.S. Davy-Crockett,
stationed at New Vinland Colony (Digiworldz-Grid)

Access Service Jacket

All misspellings in this content are fully intend. Together they follow a greater plan to get world domination.

Hidalgo Dorchester
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Intelligence-Command Liason, CTO, Professor
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

I still strongly disagree Mike. A simple citation is not an award...it us just a small recognition to boost morale and show the membership that we appreciate their work. They do volunteer after without asking for anything.

Reach me under: hidalgo.dorchester@gmail.com

Access Service Jacket
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: CO - Starbase One
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

I'll save some of you the trouble and say, "Oh, here it is again," but when I was in the Army, we had different levels of awards, as well as certificates of appreciation, certificates of achievement, challenge coins, etc.

Only the awards could be worn on the uniform, but those awards as well as certificates of achievement were worth promotion points for E5 and E6, whereas certificates of appreciation were not.

I'm not saying that I think we should add more awards and more types of awards, exactly, I'm just providing some insight into how another organization did it.

But do we need some sort of new 'award' type of citation for something service awards already handle? When I think of citation in the context of military awards, I think of an add-on to an existing award. For example, when Hidalgo got his purple heart perhaps a citation for bravery should have been affixed to the medal/ribbon as a device?

And to clarify, here HAVE been people known to take unnecessary risks in combat in order to be eligible for a purple heart in the US Army.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

The awards program was finished a while ago......

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25661

Return to “Promotions and Awards”