:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket via Help Desk or #Support-Attrium in the UFS Discord Server.

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

Ideas and Suggestions wanted

The UFS Promotions and Awards department is responsible for any and all Promotion & Award Requests.

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Draco Dimanovic, Luciano Skar-Machado

MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral
Duty Post: Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

I am working on (What I hope) to be the final steps of the new fleet level awards program.

One of the most important part of this program is the Service Awards. Service Awards are what make up most of the awards issued to a member of the military, they are visual identification of achievement. The first service award we have is the UFSA Graduation Award which says you completed all necessary steps to be an officer in UF Starfleet. Below I have listed the ones I am currently working on I would like to know other ones people think might be useful

****DISCLAIMER: Your Idea Might or Might Not be used. Also this Thread is for the submission of ideas not to debate the awards I or others might post if you see an issue with one of mine send it to me via PM*****

Lifetime Service Ribbon
The Lifetime Service Ribbon is awarded to any United Federation Starfleet Member who completed 1 year of 'Honorable and Faithful' service.

Good Conduct Ribbon
The UF Starfleet Good Conduct Ribbon is awarded to active UF Starfleet members who complete 2 consecutive years of "Honorable and faithful" service to United Federation Starfleet. Such service implies act in a manner befitting a starfleet officer. Professionalism and dedication to UFS ideals are paramount.

Silver Service Ribbon
Presented to members who have been in a leadership position for 1 year

Gold Service Ribbon
Presented to members who have been in a leadership position for 2 years.

Platinum Service Ribbon
Presented to members who have been in a leadership position for 5 years

Dilithium Service Award
Presented to members who have been in a leadership position for 10 years

Extended Tour Ribbon
The UF Starfleet Extended Tour Ribbon is awarded to active UF Starfleet members who completed at least 2 years on the same duty assignment
Command Certification Ribbon

Taken all steps needed to be a Chapter Commanding Officer

Plank Owner Ribbon
Was part of a crew that started a chapter (Note you have the be part of the ship before and during it commissioning
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral
Duty Post: Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

BUMB

I have had one reply via PM and no one replied to the actual thread. No one has any ideas or just doesn't care?
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

THese all look good to me Sir, except that I might wish to see an award for a service in a non-leadership position for 3 consecutive years, as not everyone can devote the time to leadership, but is involved by being active for an extended length of time... I feel that should be acknowledged.
VAdm | Command | CO USS Taylorholic Durant

-UFSA Chief Administrator
-UFSA Curriculum Development Director

-Vice Chief UF Starfleet Communications
-UFS Honor Guard Commander

Delta Company Graduate 110104

UFS Service Jacket
Laryssia Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

In looking at the list what aboutan 'Up and Comer Award'? Something to recognize someone who hasn't yet been around for a year but has contributed to the UFS as a whole?
Kyle Asbrink
UFSMC - LT. Colonel
UFSMC - LT. Colonel
Duty Post: Hellhounds Squad Leader | USS Banshee
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Laryssia Resident wrote:In looking at the list what aboutan 'Up and Comer Award'? Something to recognize someone who hasn't yet been around for a year but has contributed to the UFS as a whole?

I believe we have the Rising Star award for that, which is for members who have made a significant contribution and been active for less than a year

As for the other awards they do look good.
However i think further clarification on what a "leadership position" is and who would be applicable, as of now a simple fire team leader could be just a qualified as chairman of the academy or the surgeon general, not that that's a bad thing ((unless you are a leader of an entirely NPC unit..that could be a bit odd))...but a list of qualifications would be nice just for clarity's sake.
Foxtrot Platoon Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket
Kevin Fremont
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

A small amount of awards would be good. Say 10-12 awards that everyone can understand.

Not awards for everything under the sun like has been done before.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

something important to remember......the fewer awards we have, the fewer people will actually get an award AND it will be even harder to win an award....
Jean Hema
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

something important to remember......the fewer awards we have, the fewer people will actually get an award AND it will be even harder to win an award....
:clap: If there isn't much variety then there is not much to aim for, obviously the current awards do need a tidy up as a number of them are probably obsolete or useless these days but it's still nice to not receive the same award over and over again due to the limit in how many there is.

But the awards you have laid out in this post sound good to me, but perhaps there could be one for commissioned chapters who have served a certain period of time ie: The Bronze/Silver/Gold Bow service award?

Also, Bring back Ship of the Month!!
Hidalgo Dorchester
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

For the non-leadership award... how about a "Union-Award" in honor if the "work force" of UFS.... the non leadership positions..the guys and gals who do the work, get their hands dirty and get the job done?

Make it available for someone who has been in one position without reassignments for over one year that is not a Chief or Vice Chief (or alike) position.

For a while we were also talking about service awards for real world achievements for our members. We talk about a life savers award for someone who helped save someones life....stuff like that.

Maybe a recognition for a real college degree achieved...maybe an award for members in the armed services and civil services like Paramedics, Firefighters, Nurses, cops ect.

I think we should recognize the achievements in someones life specially if they have had a positive impact on someone else life.

What do you think?
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: SL

Hmm... what about a Morale award for those people who never fail to lift you up and be encouraging... and act as ambassodors for the best of UFS wherever they go?
VAdm | Command | CO USS Taylorholic Durant

-UFSA Chief Administrator
-UFSA Curriculum Development Director

-Vice Chief UF Starfleet Communications
-UFS Honor Guard Commander

Delta Company Graduate 110104

UFS Service Jacket
Jamie Czavicevic
Intelligence - Fleet Captain
Intelligence - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Deputy Commandant of the UFSMC
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Marine Corps Head
Grid: Second Life

Mike Calhoun wrote:something important to remember......the fewer awards we have, the fewer people will actually get an award AND it will be even harder to win an award....

I would like to point out that awards should be earned not won
Jean Hema
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

you do something good (you earn) and you 'win' an award because of it, the use of win doesn't suggest that it's some sort of competition. Win - To achieve success in an effort or venture.

I also had another idea but perhaps it's more for chapter level awards. The academy currently has orders of achievement for when you take a specific amount of classes, so why not introduce this at chapter level and instead of number of classes taken/attended, in this instance it's roleplays and attach rewards (whether it be recognition or whatever) to certain levels as an incentive?
Kevin Fremont
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mike Calhoun wrote:something important to remember......the fewer awards we have, the fewer people will actually get an award AND it will be even harder to win an award....
I'm just giving an opinon, Awards should be somewhat hard to get, otherwise they are not worth much.

A true committed member doesn't need awards all the time to stay in the group. ;)
Hidalgo Dorchester
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

But the ones working on more then their chapter rp do need to get then....and more often then just once a year. Experience and evidence has shown that if we ignore their work, regardless if what they do, they will stop working for free and without recognition.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

But the ones working on more then their chapter rp do need to get then....and more often then just once a year. Experience and evidence has shown that if we ignore their work, regardless if what they do, they will stop working for free and without recognition.

The Fleet awards (the ones we are talking about) are for those that work BEYONE their chapter

and no, they will NOT now and not ever handed out like Candy....thats what makes them VALUABLE

your experience and evidence shows that we need to hand out awards like Candy so people would do anything? that totally devaluates these awards......

No one in UFS has ever had to work without recognition.....its not because they dont get the awards and promotions as fast as they want that they work without recognition

People are not working for free....they get promotions and awards......

and we dont hand out awards for "doing your job"

awards are for going above and beyond your duty just as in RL

The reason why people stop working is because no matter that they jump to a new position every 2 months or they just "keep the fort"...they will get awards anyways.....so no.....Fleet Awards will not be handed out more then once a year and if that makes people NOT wanting to work beyond their chapter then that is their choice but that also means they will NOT earn Fleet awards or Command Grade Promotions......which in return leaves more work for those people that do work beyond their chapter and makes it more easy for them to "go beyond the call of duty" and earn Fleet awards

everyone always talks about how promotions and awards are being EARNED......well.....start EARNING them

Return to “Promotions and Awards”