CompOps Update - June

The Office of Computer Operations (CompOps in abbreviated form) is the coordinating authority for all UFS online representations, as well as the external communities. CompOps coordinates and structures all the information online and manages the (regular) updates to these communities. Hide the bacon.
Eddie Hagoromo
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: CompOps Director
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life

Hello again from CompOps!

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the lack of work being completed from CompOps over this month due to my LOA and a few RL issues that reared its ugly head (I've managed to bash it down with hammers).

Now with that out of the way, I know there has been a number of emails that thankfully Mike and Miles was working on together to help solve while I was away. Thank you to both of them for helping out.

Our current timeline for UFS CompOps over the Summer is to get a clearer point of communications created for members so they will not be confused as to who to contact over the email front. I'm also working on streamlining the logos that are currently in use over the number of websites we have.

CompOps would like to speak to each commanding officer of every ship/station for a few updates so if you can spare the time to email CompOps at compops@ufstarfleet.org with your ship's name that would be great.

Miles has brought forward the idea of letting loose the reins of the forums and to give more power to the members, which I am currently analysing as to how best to proceed so there will be great updates made here in the near future.

Many of you have known that CompOps is currently a one (and a half) man (and furry) team. That is why there will be a delay in processing any requests that comes through to us, so do bear with us!

Once again, apologies from me for the lack of work done in June.
Alpha Company Graduate

Access Service Jacket
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Many of you have known that CompOps is currently a one (and a half) man (and furry) team
does that mean you are looking for more members to help out?

If so, what are the skills they should have to join CompOps?
Eddie Hagoromo
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: CompOps Director
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life

Mike Calhoun wrote:
Many of you have known that CompOps is currently a one (and a half) man (and furry) team
does that mean you are looking for more members to help out?

If so, what are the skills they should have to join CompOps?
Aye Mike, I have spoken with Miles about this that we are ready to accept applications for CompOps Officers.

CompOp Skills Required:

>Knowledge with the systems used with UFS.
>High Priority given to applicants with experience with Bitrix.
>Experience with phpBB.
>Scripting for websites preferable.

CompOp Officer Requirements:

>Good Reputation with UFS
>Proven Experience with UFS Ships/Station (References will be asked for from previous COs)
>1 Year with UFS preferable but not required

There are three positions for CompOps available:

CompOps Officer - Forums
>Responsible for Activating New Accounts on Forums while working together with Database CompOps to ensure account is created and activated on both systems.
>Working with Ships/Stations with queries concerned to Forums.
>Working with modifying User/Group/Forum Permissions.

CompOps Officer - Database
>Revamping the Database UI.
>Working with issue list of Database.

CompOps Officer - Websites
>Revamping the FrontEnd of UFS.
>Assisting with other departments in UFS over their websites.
>Scripting Preferable.

Note you will be handling a lot of confidential data so there will be strict process of choosing the right CompOps Officer for the job. Please do not be let down if we reject you.

Applications will only be accepted via email at compops@ufstarfleet.org
Alpha Company Graduate

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Office of CompOps”